This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think Fight Night Champion is the last Fight Night game I am buying....

#1calinksPosted 7/5/2011 8:25:41 PM
I have had it up to here with this series and its glitches...

Bought the game day one becasue it looked great. The game is a good game but there are just SOOOO many issues that ruin it.

Worst of all was legacy. They barely improved it from previous titles but it had the SAME GLITCH the last game had where importing characters made the game freeze, thus rendering the mode unplayable with any imported fighters.

I waited nearly 4 months for the patch to come out. Ok, great news, it fixed the game from freezing with imported fighters. Yea I have to start a new legacy but that's fine.

Start it up and I see the faces are still glitched when looking at the boxer profiles. Stupid but no big deal. Then I fought some of them.... a handful of fighters somehow have the same face. Hulk Hogan and Ron Burgandy are all running around with Carl Winslow's face... WTF?

Not only that but another glitch came back, the glitch that causes the game to play at like 10 framers per second. The only way I know to fix this glitch is to erase my user profile which means I lose all my unlocks and created fighters......

We wait 4 months and this is what EA gives us? These guys clearly can't make a complete boxing game. Every year they have a slew of problems and the patches are half assed. I'm done, they really dropped the ball on this.
---
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite post on gamefaqs!
#2tehjoey9170Posted 7/5/2011 9:40:42 PM
the last fight in the story mode pretty much ruined all excitement i had for that game.
---
I'm not biased,I hate all systems equally
#3Moss_27Posted 7/6/2011 12:19:20 AM
Can't say that I have had any of the issues you're experiencing, fortunately. And it is still the best sports title I have played in years. Why not try a legacy mode without those crazy random fighters if you are having freezing issues?
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZMQE1.gif
#4tisukoPosted 7/6/2011 1:03:51 AM
Hulk Hogan and Ron Burgandy are all running around with Carl Winslow's face... WTF?

that part made me laugh. thanks for that.

last Fight Night game i played was Round 3 i believe.
---
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2263/cavejohnson.jpg - yes, i would love to do that.
#5calinks(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 2:19:42 AM
Moss_27 posted...
Can't say that I have had any of the issues you're experiencing, fortunately. And it is still the best sports title I have played in years. Why not try a legacy mode without those crazy random fighters if you are having freezing issues?

I did before when we first found out about the Legacy issues. Really, I just want to play with all my crazy CAB's. I want to fight Apollo Creed, Rocky, Hogan, etc.

Working around it is stupid anyway. They put this mode in, we waited months for them to fix it and they still didn't deliver.
---
#6headwounds13Posted 7/6/2011 2:51:44 AM
I played round 3 and dug it. I thought about picking up champion until I researched it a little, weren't entire features patch gutted?
---
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/headwoundss/129167586636177506-1.gif
#7ab2c4Posted 7/6/2011 6:40:52 PM
I am a boxing fan, but have never been a big video game boxing fan. I bought FNR4 and was disappointed. There was just never much excitement from either the crowd or announcers when a big exchange occurred. Lately I have been re watching Gatti vs Ward fights 1 and 3. I wish they could make a boxing video game with that much excitement.
---
P5Q Pro Turbo | q9550 | 4gb DDR2 800Mhz | EVGA GTX 470 | Corsair 750TX | Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB | Antec 902
Join the PCH F@H team 130787 today!
#8CarydoggPosted 7/6/2011 11:10:28 PM
Just posted this in another topic. R2 i still the best in the series overall, IMO. All they've done since then is pretty up the graphics.
---
"The time has come", the Walrus said, "To talk of many things: Of shoes and ships and sealing wax; Of cabbages and kings."
#9calinks(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2011 3:05:49 PM
ab2c4 posted...
I am a boxing fan, but have never been a big video game boxing fan. I bought FNR4 and was disappointed. There was just never much excitement from either the crowd or announcers when a big exchange occurred. Lately I have been re watching Gatti vs Ward fights 1 and 3. I wish they could make a boxing video game with that much excitement.

Can't speak on excitement but there is this boxing game on PS2 called Victorious boxers that I am trying to get. It's arcadey but the boxers move so fluidly, I haven't seen anything like it before. Looks like it would be fun as hell to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ2APdE9Pgs
---
#10ab2c4Posted 7/7/2011 3:34:00 PM
calinks posted...
ab2c4 posted...

Can't speak on excitement but there is this boxing game on PS2 called Victorious boxers that I am trying to get. It's arcadey but the boxers move so fluidly, I haven't seen anything like it before. Looks like it would be fun as hell to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ2APdE9Pgs

For a ps2 game the boxers sure do move pretty good. I have never heard of that game before.
---
P5Q Pro Turbo | q9550 | 4gb DDR2 800Mhz | EVGA GTX 470 | Corsair 750TX | Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB | Antec 902
Join the PCH F@H team 130787 today!