This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Live bandwidth usage?

#1VincentVegaPosted 7/6/2011 9:20:13 AM
I'm moving to an area that has broadband so I'll finally be able to take my consoles online. However, I'm trying to determine what package to get and I need to know how much bandwidth I would use playing say Black Ops online for an hour. Does the 360 have some kind of meter to tell you how much bandwidth you've used a month? Ah, for the days of unlimited internet access for $50 a month.
---
"I'm not a hero. Never was, never will be."
Old Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
#2_SCOTSLADPosted 7/6/2011 9:53:37 AM
No the 360 does not have a bandwidth monitor.

Some routers do, I have a CF on my router which has one but I don't really need it as I am unlimited.

I would take a wild guess about 12-15 mb an hour depending on the game and if you get host.
---
"I just heard a *FUMP* sound, like that of a billion fanboy heads exploding in unison."
#3Blade SeekerPosted 7/6/2011 10:11:28 AM
Well, Live makes no noticeable hit towards my monthly bandwidth cap if that is what you are asking. I host a lot on Black Ops as well.
---
|| Detroit Red Wings || Detroit Tigers || Detroit Pistons || Michigan Wolverines || Tampa Bay Buccaneers ||
#4VincentVega(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 1:51:19 PM
Good to know. Thanks!
---
#5Matt_256Posted 7/6/2011 3:03:22 PM
You should be fine unless it's something ridiculous like 5gigs/month or less. What's your monthly usage limit?
#6VincentVega(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2011 7:09:42 AM
My cable tv provider only goes up to 60gb a month but I've found another that offers 125gb and 175gb a month. Since I intend to make full use of this new broadband collection with things like Netflix, downloading demos, trailers, patches, dlc, not to mention playing online and web surfing and stuff like that I don't think 60gbs a month will be enough but now that I know that playing online doesn't use too much bandwidth I should be fine with 125gb and won't need to spend the extra to get 175gb a month.
---
#7Cinn_kentsu89Posted 7/7/2011 7:22:30 AM
I didn't even know stuff like that existed :( feel bad for ya man. Everything in my area is just buy the speed not the limit.
---
GT: CleansingMoon
#8TheSmilingLordPosted 7/7/2011 7:52:38 AM
Ask your ISP if they have a meter or something. I know Comcast/Xfinity has one on their site. Impossible to find but they have one.
---
Gamertag: Ragnarok