This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is that new zombie arcade game any good?

#112DshmuploverPosted 7/7/2011 10:07:29 AM
I thought the demo was pretty horrible tbh.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#12pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2011 12:14:30 PM
I liked it. It's not button mashing to build barricades at all. Ok, yes, there is alot of that in the game but it's only a part of the gameplay. You might destroy a desk and use the wood to barricade a window but you destroyed the desk to search inside of it because it might have parts for traps. The wood planks are just a free bonus.

The main gameplay is tower defense, if anything. It's about using your resources and environment to kill zombies efficiently so you can search for the items needed to complete the level.

Anyways, I bought it and the stuff after the demo portion is pretty cool.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#13darkharePosted 7/7/2011 12:18:07 PM
pothocket
Posted 7/7/2011 2:14:30 PM
message detail

I liked it. It's not button mashing to build barricades at all. Ok, yes, there is alot of that in the game but it's only a part of the gameplay. You might destroy a desk and use the wood to barricade a window but you destroyed the desk to search inside of it because it might have parts for traps. The wood planks are just a free bonus.

The main gameplay is tower defense, if anything. It's about using your resources and environment to kill zombies efficiently so you can search for the items needed to complete the level.

that sound like a alright premise for a zombie game, ill download the demo and give it a try. if the game doesn't have local co-op then its probably a no-buy for me.
---
all 360 games should have a demo. lets put revieweres out of business.
#14pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2011 12:28:05 PM
It has local co-op. Just no online play for whatever reason.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#15Mikos101Posted 7/7/2011 3:40:23 PM
Sounds cool. I added the trial to my queue, so it should start downloading as soon as I get back my xbox that RROD'd this morning. In about a month. *sigh*
---
Plus+ name: iMikos Xbox tag: MIK0S (the 'O' is a Zero) PSN name: MIKOS-
#16teehee23Posted 7/7/2011 4:01:39 PM
We liked it and was worth the points.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#17B_D_MPosted 7/8/2011 7:42:11 AM
pothocket posted...
I liked it. It's not button mashing to build barricades at all. Ok, yes, there is alot of that in the game but it's only a part of the gameplay. You might destroy a desk and use the wood to barricade a window but you destroyed the desk to search inside of it because it might have parts for traps. The wood planks are just a free bonus..

And to destroy a desk, you have to mash a button 10 times.
To search an item, you must mash a button 10 times.
Too much button mashing. If you didn't have to mash button to do all these simple tasks the demo would have been an eighth in length of what it currently is. Although you said the main game post-demo levels is much better, so that's good news at least.
---
Xbox Live: Puff Braddy PSN: BraddyJ
http://gamercards.exophase.com/79023.png
#18teehee23Posted 7/8/2011 9:45:18 AM(edited)
B_D_M posted...
And to destroy a desk, you have to mash a button 10 times.
To search an item, you must mash a button 10 times.
Too much button mashing. If you didn't have to mash button to do all these simple tasks the demo would have been an eighth in length of what it currently is. Although you said the main game post-demo levels is much better, so that's good news at least.

When using the boy scout character, Mike Bacon, he searches for "parts" much quicker and with a single button press. With the other characters the button mashing, as you call it, is no worse as compared to squeezing the triggers when playing a fps. We found that it added to the feeling of panic to hurry up and get the windows boarded up and setting the traps only requires you to hold the button for a couple seconds. The design choice works and adds just the right pacing to the game play.

We're on the fourth (4th) level (the school) and the game is fun and was well worth the points for us.
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...