This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there some way to tell if someone is appearing offline?

#1bluetigercamoPosted 7/6/2011 4:15:50 PM
Someone confirm if this is true or not. When someone signs out and you look at their profile it will show the last time they were on (e.g. offline for 15 min) but when they appear offline it will just say "offline" and thats it.

I think someone is avoiding me and I need to find out for sure.
#2Truplaya05Posted 7/6/2011 4:18:44 PM
You can go on Xbox.com and if they are playing a game while appearing offline it will usually say something about that game and what they are doing on it, my friend was appearing offline playing WWE SVR 2011 and it told me "Offline creating an entrance on WWE SVR 11"
#3King_Of_SpamPosted 7/6/2011 4:19:18 PM
No there is no way to tell, if someone appears offline immediately after you send them an invite then you should be suspicious
---
You do well not good. To all of you wannabe grammar police.
#4knightimexPosted 7/6/2011 4:27:10 PM
Some people don't want to be bothered while playing a game.

Show some respect.
---
No 8th Generation on GameFaqs.
Only this: http://imageshack.us/f/864/gamefaqslolzqb.jpg/
#5CapwnDPosted 7/6/2011 4:32:40 PM

No there is no way to tell, if someone appears offline immediately after you send them an invite then you should be suspicious

lol!

Yeah if you play a different game than what you previously played, and they noticed wouldn't it change the name of the last played game even if you're appearing offline? I guess they would have to be looking pretty close, but I could see that getting somebody in trouble.

My policy is to just not do it in the first place.

I heard there's going to be a "status" type thing for XBL, where you can broadcast what you would like to play with others... I think that would be cool. For example, I may be online playing a single player game but I want to play something co-op or some MP with friends, so I would have that in my status. But maybe I don't want to do that, so I wouldn't have that in my status, then people shouldn't be inviting me.
---
I live in a constant state of Deja Vu. Didn't I mentioned this once before?
#6kcoin17Posted 7/6/2011 4:56:34 PM
Is it your xbox live girlfriend that you think is avoiding you? Trouble in paradise?</3
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.8
#7ShineboxerPosted 7/6/2011 6:16:25 PM
Is it impossible for somebody to watch some netflix without someone bothering you?
The last thing I want is a party of people bothering me with their stupid call of duty narrations.
#8Shy420Posted 7/6/2011 6:55:53 PM
Doesn't it defeat the purpose of appearing "offline" if you can tell they're actually online?
---
"Things aren't different. Things are just things." -Wintermute
#9Zuka-Zamamee-3Posted 7/6/2011 6:59:49 PM
What Truplaya said is correct, the only way someone can be online without you seeing them is for them to literally block their online status from everyone, in which case it will just say "offline", but it also says that randomly about people on your friends list who haven't been on in a long time or if there was a update recently, and some other situations it does that but i don't know the all the reasons.
#10dasboosPosted 7/6/2011 7:16:16 PM
i wish you could make it auto sign in as appear offline.
---
"Scissors are over powered, Rock is fine." - Paper
GT - stealth finger