This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So there is this guy on my friends list cheating.

#1610330Posted 7/6/2011 4:34:55 PM
Ok so here is the story. There is this guy on my friends list who has been hacking gamer pics and achievements onto his profile. I can tell he has been doing this because of two things. 1) Some of the achievement's on his games are out of order (e.g. on borderlands he has gotten the achievement's for lv 61 before lv 40 and 50). 2) When i questioned him about this he admitted to manipulating the save files on some of his games using a USB drive and a program on his computer. Now i haven't read it but im pretty sure that is against the terms of service. I will look it up later tho. This angers me because he isn't "achieving" anything. Im just wondering is there anything i can do to about this besides filing a complaint? i have the equipment to record a conversation and it probably wouldn't be hard to get him to explain how he did it and in turn confessing. But who would i sent that video to?

If this is not the appropriate place to be asking about this sorry for the inconvenience.
---
GT :Shamefulanomaly
HG FC: 2837-5035-2401
#2Deathx113Posted 7/6/2011 4:36:30 PM
report him and move on, forget the vid..

or just remove him from your friend list... both?
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#3EvocoPosted 7/6/2011 4:37:06 PM
*rolls eyes at TC*
#4Worker_8_Posted 7/6/2011 4:41:26 PM
As long as he isn't cheating in a competitive MP game, what's the problem? It's not like he is hurting anyone. Quit being such a baby.
#5King_Of_SpamPosted 7/6/2011 4:44:25 PM
You do realize achievement whores never achieve anything because all they do is boost right? It's pretty ridiculous when people are boosting for wings on 30x xp.
#6Red_PyramidPosted 7/6/2011 4:48:59 PM
Achievements are everything. EVERYTHING. I don't blame him at all, it's a war out there. My gamerscore has got me jobs and ladies.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUxO_fBF6lo
#7troubledsocietyPosted 7/6/2011 5:11:23 PM(edited)
I say who cares. Report him if you feel you should. But if anyone else is his friend they can see his cheating gamerscore. I remember seeing some guy on my list had like 3 of the exact games completed in a different language/done on the pc or whatever, and had multiple games like that. I'm just like "Really? What's the point in achievements if you're just downloading a number basically?" *deletes from friend list*
---
Timesplitters 4 or bust
#8cifer520Posted 7/6/2011 5:05:05 PM
This angers me because he isn't "achieving" anything. Im just wondering is there anything i can do to about this besides filing a complaint? i have the equipment to record a conversation and it probably wouldn't be hard to get him to explain how he did it and in turn confessing. But who would i sent that video to?

Look: http://www.solarnavigator.net/images/sun_viewed_through_camera_lens.jpg

Rather magnificent, isn't it?
#9SquallWindbladePosted 7/6/2011 5:08:23 PM
He'll get caught in the fall update banwave, most likely. I wouldn't worry too much about it. No need to go out of your way to catch him, his system has already told on him if he connects to Live.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.
#10MegaCyber09Posted 7/6/2011 5:10:48 PM
Delete this "friend" of yours.

Problem solved.
---
XBL Gamertag: CyberGTX09
"Life is the life of life." - Unknown