This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need to start renting Xbox 360 games. Which makes me disappointed.

#1knightimexPosted 7/6/2011 7:32:31 PM(edited)
Not Trolling

Gone are the times I will want to purchase a game day 1.
Gone are the days I will buy a game out of good faith the game is well crafted.

Blowing $60 on a game you would think the company can't possibly ruin actually turns out to be a terrible game.

GTA IV, Halo Reach, etc..

I bothers me deeply that I payed money for something mediocre.
Back in the 8bit to 32bit days of NES to playstation 1 I've rented games out the ass.

Games I would never buy in my life with out renting it first (resident evil 2, Final Fantasy IV, Super Metroid, GI Joe: Real American hero (NES) etc.

While it's true this generation is the best generation so far it does however feel as if it's lacking in quality in some parts.
(I'm not going to explain where, because it's different for everyone.)

The feelings I have for Xbox 360 are about the same I had for ps1.
While both had their fair share of great titles it was Meh for the most part.

*edit*
I need to start renting games due to the fact that games today are a gamble in quality.
it feels as if the quality bar has been lowered this generation.

I'm just not feeling it.

Anyone else feel the same?
---
No 8th Generation on GameFaqs.
Only this: http://imageshack.us/f/864/gamefaqslolzqb.jpg/
#2knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 7:15:36 PM
inb4 another knightimeX topic
---
#3bluehat94Posted 7/6/2011 7:19:22 PM(edited)
renting first and then buying if i like the game enough is something ive always done since the N64 days, but i did really like GTA4 and Halo:Reach
---
"Well i actually performed the experiment dozens of times. The bad news is reality doesnt exist. The good news is we have a new cat graveyard" -GLaDOS
#4BigReedPosted 7/6/2011 7:24:16 PM
Only buy games that fit your personal tastes. Instead of buying games that are hyped up, popular, or reviewed really well, look for games that fall into genre's you enjoy.

I like rpg's for instance. So I know that i'll most like enjoy games that fall into that category regardless of hype or review scores, so I know I can buy them and be happy.

Renting isn't a bad idea either, but I prefer to own games.
---
"..hardcore gamers like me for instance, who grew up on Halo.."
#5SODISPosted 7/6/2011 7:28:38 PM
BigReed posted...
Only buy games that fit your personal tastes. Instead of buying games that are hyped up, popular, or reviewed really well, look for games that fall into genre's you enjoy.

I like rpg's for instance. So I know that i'll most like enjoy games that fall into that category regardless of hype or review scores, so I know I can buy them and be happy.

Renting isn't a bad idea either, but I prefer to own games.

I agree. If it wasn't for simply buying what I think I like, I wouldn't have found such a great game in NIER. Such a great game NIER is and it's considered average amongst the media.
---
NIER
#6knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 7:35:51 PM
I'm not saying I am just going to rent and only rent.

I will rent a game and if I really like it I'll go out and buy it, but for that to happen the games have to greatly impress me.

I'm mad because I didn't have this problem during the dreamcast, ps2, and gamecube days.
Xbox 1 don't count all they had was halo.
---
#7bluehat94Posted 7/6/2011 7:37:18 PM
knightimex posted...
I'm not saying I am just going to rent and only rent.

I will rent a game and if I really like it I'll go out and buy it, but for that to happen the games have to greatly impress me.

I'm mad because I didn't have this problem during the dreamcast, ps2, and gamecube days.
Xbox 1 don't count all they had was halo.

i actually ran into that problem pretty often last gen
---
"Well i actually performed the experiment dozens of times. The bad news is reality doesnt exist. The good news is we have a new cat graveyard" -GLaDOS
#8knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2011 7:47:42 PM
It's the opposite for me.
---
#9gabriusPosted 7/6/2011 7:49:07 PM
www.cheapassgam- oh, nevermind... it's you.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#10bluehat94Posted 7/6/2011 7:49:23 PM
knightimex posted...
It's the opposite for me.

it happens, games are a lot more complex than they were last gen, so they're not all going to be winners, which is why i've always rented first then bought
---