This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone still play Rainbow Six Vegas 2?

#1GuyanaAssassinPosted 7/7/2011 3:09:02 AM
I always wanted to get the first game but I never got the chance to. Now I see both games are cheap. How is the community online though for the second game(I hear the first game is practically dead)
---
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/530380/stewie-fires-gun-o.gif
http://www.gifsoup.com/view/681442/na-fight-o.gif
#2stapler87Posted 7/7/2011 5:02:18 AM
I'm curious as well. I've grown tired of COD and need a new online shooter. I used to love these was considering getting this again... also considering getting Bad Company 2.
---
"I have to return some videotapes!" - Patrick Bateman
#3Samuel 025Posted 7/7/2011 5:10:36 AM
The people still playing Vegas 2 are the amazing players who have been playing since the game came out. It's not very populated which sucks immensely because Ubisoft saw fit to make most of the achievements require large amounts of kills with certain number of people.
---
Dr. House and Dr. Cox should team up and cure everything.
"Drinking Santana champ, cause it's so crisp!"
#4StucklnMyPantsPosted 7/7/2011 5:34:01 AM
I actually popped in Vegas 2 the other day and there are still a good amount of people playing. Everyone plays in player matches, not ranked though. Which is alright, because you can get the multiplayer achievements in a player match as long as there are six people in the room. Like Samuel said, a lot of the players that play are the vets that have been playing it for a while. Don't expect to get many kills when you first start out. Team Leader is probably the best playlist early on, since you can respawn until your team leader dies or the enemy team leader kills you.

There's plenty of people playing adversarial and there are plenty of people playing Terrorists hunt. I don't think Vegas 1 has that many players anymore since there were quite a few glitches that could be abused and Vegas 2 is all around a better game.
#5Wizzl241Posted 7/7/2011 6:28:14 AM
Great game. I want to point out that there are two "modes" that you can play, High Stakes and regular non-High Stakes. I believe you can search for a lobby based on which mode it is, so if you have trouble with one, try the other.

High Stakes changed things up a little bit by adding a grenade indicator, making the cover system a little more balanced, and greatly increasing the iron sights' accuracy (there used to be no reason to use the irons).
---
Parks and Recreation is the best show on TV
Give me Mega Man or give me death
#6runuts27Posted 7/7/2011 7:19:58 AM
Wizzl241 posted...
Great game. I want to point out that there are two "modes" that you can play, High Stakes and regular non-High Stakes. I believe you can search for a lobby based on which mode it is, so if you have trouble with one, try the other.

High Stakes changed things up a little bit by adding a grenade indicator, making the cover system a little more balanced, and greatly increasing the iron sights' accuracy (there used to be no reason to use the irons).

Too bad nobody plays high stakes, also I haven't played Vegas in awhile but as far as I remember the game is extremely laggy.
---
I'm interested in this...
#7Carribean_CoolPosted 7/7/2011 7:22:28 AM
Wasn't laggy for me

Anyways, I got this game last month, wanted to play the 1st, couldn't find it. The online is still pretty active. I still play it
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#8aya469Posted 7/7/2011 7:47:07 AM
ahhh trip down memory lane, terrorists hunts were friggin amazing in this game
---
I have a feeling that Rage is going to poo on everything else released this year, long live id!
#9vinnied717Posted 7/7/2011 9:32:58 AM
make me wonder when the hell we are gong to get a new rainbow six vegas game... it's been, what 3-4 years since RBV2 came out?
#10CapwnDPosted 7/7/2011 9:35:30 AM
IMO Terrorist hunts is what was most fun about the game, and it would be benificial to be put into matches with people who are good so IMO it's a great game to get.
---
I live in a constant state of Deja Vu. Didn't I mentioned this once before?