This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you care about achievements?

#1Haseo_HackerPosted 7/7/2011 6:00:32 AM(edited)
I myself unlock as much as I could, but my number one goal when buying a game is enjoying it, understanding the story and completing it. If it is a game I have truly enjoyed I unlock as much achievements as I can. How about you?
#2B_D_MPosted 7/7/2011 5:55:31 AM
I used to play games that had easier Achievements when I was a bit younger just for a bigger GS, but now I just play games that I enjoy. In saying that I'll still try to attain all the Achievements that game has to offer. They add a lot of replayability to a game IMO.
---
Xbox Live: Puff Braddy PSN: BraddyJ
http://gamercards.exophase.com/79023.png
#3Doktor_WilhelmPosted 7/7/2011 5:59:25 AM
I like Achievements, they push me to play a game in ways that I may not usually (such as on higher difficulties or via sneaking through a stage instead of just shooting my way through); but I'm not too bothered by gamerscore (aslong as I have a higher gamer score than my friends, I'm happy).
---
"so i'm guessing it's doctor wilhelm vs everyone else then?" - Travisclees
#4Arucard05Posted 7/7/2011 6:05:11 AM
Love Achievements, don't care too much about Gamerscore. I almost never let getting Achievements ruin the fun for me. For Bioshock 2, I started playing on Hard to get the Achievement, but I just wasn't enjoying it so I turned it down to Normal. With the Orange Box though, I stopped playing Half Life Episode 2 all together because of the Rocket Man Achievement (seriously, I hate that car).
---
#5urnitemarePosted 7/7/2011 7:01:48 AM
^ Weird. Thats the same reason I stopped playing Episode 2.

On topic: I try to get as many achievements in any game I own but I won't play a game just for achievements.
---
"It takes an idiot to do cool things that's why it's cool"- Flcl
GT - Hawk082
#6scoobydoobydontPosted 7/7/2011 7:05:22 AM

Love Achievements, don't care too much about Gamerscore.

This. Unfortunately cheevos can ruin the experience for me, I have to get as many as I can, I strive for 100%. And I find I can't invest in any games that don't have them--I can start playing one, but without cheevos I'll lose interest before I'm half done.
---
"What we have created are not an art but products. I always tell staff to call Nintendo games products, not an art." -Miyamoto
#7ElusiveOneXPosted 7/7/2011 7:14:38 AM
I care none at all about gamerscore but completion percentage is a big deal to me. With that said I don't like picking up games where I know most of the achievements are online and the game is dead. I also refuse to boost with people, I like achievements but it's not that big of a deal.

You know what nags me more than anything? DLC achievements being added to games when I don't have the DLC. I also refuse to buy DLC just to keep my percentage at 100%, I know Microsoft does this intentionally to annoy achievement hunters.
#8joker_cardsPosted 7/7/2011 7:15:34 AM
For me achievements add more gameplay time. My first play through on a game i usually just play through to get a feel and learn the world/levels. After that I'll up the difficulty and try an achievement or two. Plus it adds a little competition to myself and my brother. And some games have avatar awards which kinda push me to do certain ones over others. I don't care much for avatars, but if I own a game that has awards I might as well unlock them.
---
I am a proud Xbox 360 owner and I do not own, like, or play any Halo games!
XBL Gamertag: jokercards89
#9scoobydoobydontPosted 7/7/2011 7:23:22 AM

I also refuse to boost with people, I like achievements but it's not that big of a deal.

<3 I hate incomplete games, but if I can't do it legit, I wont do it.
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." -Molyneux
#10billian32185Posted 7/7/2011 8:18:33 AM
Sometimes it matters if it's a game I really enjoy...but I tried to enhance my score by playing games I didn't like and I was miserable.

It's a nice thing to add replayability...but I guess I'm not hardcore enough to chase my score anymore.
---
6/21/11-10 years on GameFAQs!