This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

how can you tell if someone is using a modded controller?

#1kst8erPosted 7/7/2011 6:11:30 AM
does it really make a big difference in the way the person plays the game? i was playing black ops the other night and it seemed one particular person was getting the majority of the kills and someone in the lobby accused him of having a rapid fire controller but he stated that he didnt , it was just that everyone else sucked. i guess my real question is , does having a rapid fire controller actually help
---
"I consider myself an artist, but I would give it all up for a boatload of money" Jim Gaffigan
#2DARKSTAR6195Posted 7/7/2011 6:23:19 AM
im not sure how you could tell besides seeing or hearing them empty a semi autos clip in a second, but in games like COD where it rarely takes more then 2 or 3 shots to kill someone i dont see a rapid fire controller being a very big advantage. an aimbot or something along those lines whould be another story though (do they have aimbot hacks in COD? i havent played online in about a year now.)
#3kst8er(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2011 7:39:08 AM
i just cant get a grasp on how it would help in a game like COD. i can see maybe gears or halo where it takes a few more shots to down someone.
---
"I consider myself an artist, but I would give it all up for a boatload of money" Jim Gaffigan
#4CapwnDPosted 7/7/2011 7:47:50 AM

i just cant get a grasp on how it would help in a game like COD. i can see maybe gears or halo where it takes a few more shots to down someone.

That's the thing... does it really help?

I love it when I get accused of using a modded controller.
---
I live in a constant state of Deja Vu. Didn't I mentioned this once before?
#5sullynationPosted 7/7/2011 7:57:31 AM
It wakes single shot weapons full auto, but in BlOps those weapons are capped at a lower speed than the rest of the assault rifles. It only helps now if you can't pull the trigger quickly which most people don't have trouble with.

In short, kids who accuse just need an excuse.
---
GT:C S 2 O
I have a complicated relationship with zombies. They're dangerous, but I love their swagger.