This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

any way to extend ethernet cable?

#1IvIOnSt3RPosted 7/7/2011 8:30:26 AM
My wireless adapter doesn't work (tried it at my friends house and it didnt work and I tried his adapter at my house and it did work). I have been using a 50 ethernet cord to connect to xbox live but now we got Comcast internet so we had to move the router and now the cord doesnt stretch, I need like 10 more feet and I have a 12 foot cord. My question is, is there like an extension cord type thing for ethernet cables? thanks,
#2CapwnDPosted 7/7/2011 8:36:40 AM
You can use an ethernet coupler but diehards may advice to instead just get 100 foot cable or a 75 foot cable instead, it may be a cleaner connection. The extra distance isn't going to slow anything down.
---
I live in a constant state of Deja Vu. Didn't I mentioned this once before?
#3CapwnDPosted 7/7/2011 8:46:38 AM
http://www.cat-5-cable-company.com/faq-cat5-coupler.html

Something I found on the matter.
---
#4sullynationPosted 7/7/2011 8:49:22 AM
In the setup at my old apartment, I had to run a 100' ethernet cable down the stairs and around the living room to my roommates xbox. It was hardly noticeable along the baseboard.

Check sites like Monoprice.com and eBay for a cord that long under $10
---
GT:C S 2 O
I have a complicated relationship with zombies. They're dangerous, but I love their swagger.
#5CapwnDPosted 7/7/2011 8:57:55 AM(edited)
IIRC Monoprice is not the place to buy ethernet, it's over priced. I do like Monoprice, but not for ethernet.

Amazon usually has ethernet for cheaper.
---
#6sullynationPosted 7/7/2011 9:04:41 AM
I have never bought cables from monoprice, but I've checked it out and many people around these boards like it.

The eBay seller I used for the 100' Cat 5e and a 6' HDMI was CablesOne. I cant find them, but here are 100' Cat 5e cables in every color for $7.50 shipped.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=100+ft+ethernet&_sacat=See-All-Categories

or you can get the flat Cat 6 for about double that.
---
GT:C S 2 O
I have a complicated relationship with zombies. They're dangerous, but I love their swagger.
#7CapwnDPosted 7/7/2011 9:11:37 AM(edited)
I like Monoprice for HDMI and for AV cables.
---