This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What game has the crappiest ending ever in your opinion?

#1ShawnKemp40Posted 7/7/2011 8:47:13 AM(edited)
You know those game that have you screaming "THAT'S IT"?
All those hard work and long hours it took you to beat the game and all you get is something like "Congratulation and thanks for playing"
---
Champ...Champ! Looked like you two were doing the Jitterbug, while he Dallas secondary were doing the Charleston
#2gabriusPosted 7/7/2011 8:46:17 AM
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#3WeaponX1138Posted 7/7/2011 8:46:21 AM
Syndicate on the sega Genesis.

The loading screen was like a bladerunner-esque cityscape, drawn in green lines with everything else in black.
My friend and I, over a series of weekends played the game on co-op, until we finally got it finished, only to be greeted by the EXACT SAME LOADING SCREEN, only in purple, and the word "congratulations."

We were pissed.
---
What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?!
GT: SilentMark1138
#4hellbringherPosted 7/7/2011 8:58:20 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5MrMikeMaPosted 7/7/2011 8:58:22 AM
It was a Sega Gensis game, I foget the title. It was one of those simple monster fighting games where you could run around a small city and fight another monster, smashing buildings in your path.

You would beat all the monsters and were greeted with the following ending :

"You try next level"

I swear, that was IT. Not even a congratulations. Just Engrish.

So, for kicks, I played it on the hardest level to see what the real ending would be. And for my efforts, I got the following ending:

"You try next level"

I would have, if one existed....haha.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/
#6Jas_PataPosted 7/7/2011 8:59:59 AM
Fable 2 maybe?
---
aka - Nah Tso Gud
#7Carribean_CoolPosted 7/7/2011 9:26:44 AM
Karate Kid on NES
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#8Koelker12Posted 7/7/2011 9:28:50 AM
FEAR 2

Completely unpredictable (not in a good way) and left me blankly staring at the screen for a good minute.
---
http://roguereview.blogspot.com/
#9takidigits2005Posted 7/7/2011 9:30:49 AM
Deathtrap Dungeon on the first Playstation. It wasn't even a video ending. It was just a crappy hand-drawn "illustration."
---
"You know I can't play without a GUI -TAR string, n-n-n-n-n-nephew!!!" --- Uncle Pecos
#10Justcallme_YorkPosted 7/7/2011 9:31:52 AM
I remember this game for the GC called Eternal Darkness. I was right in what felt like the middle of a tough gameplay segment when all of a sudden the words "TO BE CONTINUED" came up on my screen out of nowhere. So I shot my TV. Still no sequel. I'm pissed.
---
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."