This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Friend's Xbox Live Account Stolen, what should I look for?

#1MortalDangerPosted 7/7/2011 10:35:15 AM
Well, my buddy was on vacation when we noticed he was online in a party playing FIFA. Sure enough, his gamertag got stolen by some guy in the UK. Don't know how, don't really care. What I'm concerned about now is my gamertag. What steps should I take to prevent this from happening to me?

Also, if you know of anyway of remedying my friends problem, I'm open to suggestions as I'm sure MS isn't very helpful in these situations.

Thanks.
---
Recently traded in: Fallout: New Vegas (360); Ghostbusters: The Video Game (360); Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (360); Turok (360); Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
#2b2trumpetPosted 7/7/2011 11:01:54 AM
The only way your account can get stolen is by giving out the information. Your friend probably fell for a phishing site. These sites say sometimes make a log-in screen similar to Xbox.com on their own website and say "put in your information, and we'll give you 4000 MS Points for free." Then once you put in your information, they have it. Thus getting into your account.

So, don't fall for anything too good to be true. There are no such things as Point or Gold Generators, or people that just give it away.
#3RenamonPosted 7/7/2011 11:07:54 AM
And don't make your password and email easy to guess, either. "passw0rd" is not a secure password.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#4TheMuffinPosted 7/7/2011 11:11:02 AM
Always FIFA. I really think there is some kind of relation to that game and people getting their accounts hijacked. IT'S ALWAYS FIFA!
---
Gabrius ~Hedro, tank you for cawling xbox suppaaart, my neem is THOMAS, hawl cun I heeelp you?