This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Burnout Crash Arcade Game for Kinect

#11PrealienkingPosted 7/7/2011 9:56:26 PM
Looks fun to me...
---
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)
#12Solid SonicPosted 7/7/2011 9:58:57 PM
I guess it could be a casual time waster (even though it looks like a smartphone app).

But that isn't really the point. The reason this is so offensive is because it's Burnout CRASH!. Burnout is at the top of the arcade racing game pantheon and has so far not had a single bad installment (even the filler game Burnout Dominator was fun, fast, and crazy).

So why slap such a deviant game with a name so revered?
---
Paid DLC is the future, I encourage you to embrace it. How can you turn down an opportunity to make your games last longer? I think that's worth a few bucks...
#13PrealienkingPosted 7/7/2011 10:05:57 PM
It looked to me like an over the top arcade racing game. Isn't that what Burnout is? Why doesn't matter what perspective it is? Hell, now it is even more over the top since you can blow up buildings.
---
#14Solid SonicPosted 7/7/2011 10:14:02 PM
Well perhaps it's just a personal sentiment but I never played Burnout to indulge in the carnage. It was the white-knuckle racing with the thrill of near-missing oncoming cars that made the series shine for me. Plus there's the the risk-reward gameplay (drive crazy-but-skillfully and earn boost) and the impeccable control (I love how easy it is to slide your car in Burnout; the best the genre has seen).

I guess that's why I didn't miss the absence of Crash mode in the later installments (Dominator and Paradise).
---
Paid DLC is the future, I encourage you to embrace it. How can you turn down an opportunity to make your games last longer? I think that's worth a few bucks...
#15PrealienkingPosted 7/7/2011 10:15:44 PM
Ah, that's cool.

I'm a sucker for destroying buildings :). If a game includes the ability to destroy buildings, then I will most likely own it.
---
#16TyrannicalPosted 7/7/2011 10:41:24 PM
No big shock, burn out was one of the early demos using kinnect controls to drive.
---
Australian customs: Do you have a criminal record?
Me: I didn't think you needed one anymore.
#17Solid SonicPosted 7/8/2011 6:46:54 AM
Bump for the morning crew who has yet to relish in this crap.
---
#18MissAllSundayPosted 7/8/2011 7:00:12 AM
I think this actually looks alright. I remember top down GTA was great fun so I can image this will be similar.

I think they said the kinect part was a separate mode for two people in the same room?
#19blakbird13Posted 7/8/2011 11:32:10 PM
This reminds me of what they did with the Red Faction game they have on Live. This looks like it might be alright, I can't bring myself to say fun, but it looks like they're trying the same style of game. Top down not game play wise. Serious burnout fans probably won't be happy with this. I'll skip it I'd rather have a true burnout game not a small portion of the game that they messed with..
#20slugbossPosted 7/8/2011 11:51:23 PM
It looks like a burnout revenge game mode, only dumbed down to atari... Why would anyone want this on anything but a phone...
---
http://raptr.com/slugboss