This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mortal Kombat 9 - Damaged Game Data

#1OlsenenPosted 7/7/2011 8:40:28 PM
Hi!

I've been having this trouble with Mortal Kombat 9 only.
All my achieves are locked to my profile. but the game data is damaged, so I don't have anything of what i've acquired from the Krypt. I've deleted the game multiple times off my harddrive, but it keeps coming back as I'm signed in with my profile and I start the game.
When I go to 'Memory -> Games' to see if it there, then it has appeared again! but this time with 'Downloaded Settings'.
I can't enter the Krypt or Nekropolis because it says I need to sign in. Then I sign it, but it tells me i have Damaged Game data.. then it returns me to the 'You need to sign in' part.
Yes i've most likely turned it off while it was saving.
The game works perfectly fine with other profiles, and i can enter the Krypt and nekropolis with them.

Do you guys have any solution to this?
#2SEGA128DCPosted 7/7/2011 8:59:53 PM
Hmm?...
---
Rise from your grave...
#3damien91Posted 7/8/2011 8:00:57 AM
Delete your save and start again I suppose?
---
XBL GT: Falco2073 PSN: Falco2073
#4Olsenen(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 9:33:01 AM
damien91 posted...
Delete your save and start again I suppose?

It keeps re-appearing in my harddrive as "Downloaded settings", and it won't stop.
#5RenamonPosted 7/8/2011 9:46:52 AM
Bad hard drive? Delete/recover your profile from XBL? Of course it's going to keep reappearing, don't know why you keep bringing that up.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#6nohsnapdragonPosted 7/8/2011 10:46:22 AM
I had the same problem. I even deleted all my MK9 data and it still said it was damaged whenever I try to play it. I fixed it by getting a flash drive and moving my gamer profile to it and then played the game with only my flash drive for memory (no hard drive hooked up to the system). After a few rounds of story mode and after I got all new saves of MK9 on my flash drive , I moved the new saves and my gamer profile back on my harddrive and haven't had a problem with MK9 since.
---
Don't worry. Just rise your head and run. Feels great doesn't it? Nothing starts until you take action. If you have time to worry then run. - Sonic
#7Olsenen(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 6:57:24 PM
Renamon posted...
Bad hard drive? Delete/recover your profile from XBL? Of course it's going to keep reappearing, don't know why you keep bringing that up.

I doubt it's a bad harddrive. All my other games work fine. I've tried to delete and recover my profile but that didn't do anything. But why does it keep re-appearing when I delete it off my harddrive? Does it download my achievements to the harddrive?

nohsnapdragon posted...
I had the same problem. I even deleted all my MK9 data and it still said it was damaged whenever I try to play it. I fixed it by getting a flash drive and moving my gamer profile to it and then played the game with only my flash drive for memory (no hard drive hooked up to the system). After a few rounds of story mode and after I got all new saves of MK9 on my flash drive , I moved the new saves and my gamer profile back on my harddrive and haven't had a problem with MK9 since.

Thanks, I'll try this and get back to you :).