This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shooter and/or Multiplayer players unite...

#1Dragovian1Posted 7/8/2011 9:43:56 AM
...behind Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon :)

You've got your standard single player, plus:

Couch co-op
Online Multiplayer

15 standard levels, 15 remix levels (after you beat the first standard 15), and survival. 4 different armors/characters and 300+ weapons. Plus, you can pilot Mechs and Tanks, as well as hop into Anti-Air guns, Mounted Machine guns, and Missile Turrets.

3 difficulties (normal, hard, and inferno). Personally believe in jumping straight to Hard or maybe Inferno (not me, but maybe you), but Normal is fine also. Throw in 3 different endings for the different difficulties as well.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDwbRcqyk7k

What are you waiting for? Oh, Gamestop sold out...they seem to be ordering more...get it before it's gone...again.
---
http://www.amazon.com/shops/A258UKMK08DSV0
Playing: GBA- Final Fantasy V / PSP- Valkyria Chronicles 2, Dynasty Warriors vol. 2 / 360- EDF: Insect Armageddon
#2hellbringherPosted 7/8/2011 9:49:44 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3Dragovian1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 9:53:12 AM
^ Many Gamestop stores sold out, so they've had to order more ;)
---
Playing: GBA- Final Fantasy V / PSP- Valkyria Chronicles 2, Dynasty Warriors vol. 2 / 360- EDF: Insect Armageddon
#4CapwnDPosted 7/8/2011 9:54:58 AM
You've got your standard single player, plus:

Couch co-op
Online Multiplayer

Well yeah, that's 3 ways to play the same levels. It's good, but it's the same thing.

Throw in 3 different endings for the different difficulties as well.

That's good to hear. I was hoping there was more to the end then what I got after playing on Normal because that ending was kind of weak sauce.
---
I live in a constant state of Deja Vu. Didn't I mention this once before?
#5bluehat94Posted 7/8/2011 9:55:25 AM
^they sold out because most stores only ordered like 5 copies to begin with, i was discussing this with a friend of mine who works at a gamestop, the game is not nearly as fun as the last one
---
"Well i actually performed the experiment dozens of times. The bad news is reality doesnt exist. The good news is we have a new cat graveyard" -GLaDOS
#6Dragovian1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 9:59:18 AM
CaPwnD:

"Well yeah, that's 3 ways to play the same levels. It's good, but it's the same thing."

What game is different in that respect?
---
#7Dragovian1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 10:09:55 AM
bluehat94:
"^they sold out because most stores only ordered like 5 copies to begin with, i was discussing this with a friend of mine who works at a gamestop, the game is not nearly as fun as the last one"

What made you not like IA as much as 2017 (assuming 2017, since you said "the last one")?

Oh and about the amount of copies, GS (and all stores in general) only order what they believe will sell. I've seen plenty of games only get 2-3 copies ordered and 1 sits for a long time before selling (looking at you Monster Racers), while they follow the same thing for others, but they sell VERY fast and have to be ordered again (Radiant Historia).
---
#8bluehat94Posted 7/8/2011 10:15:35 AM
Dragovian1 posted...
bluehat94:
"^they sold out because most stores only ordered like 5 copies to begin with, i was discussing this with a friend of mine who works at a gamestop, the game is not nearly as fun as the last one"

What made you not like IA as much as 2017 (assuming 2017, since you said "the last one")?

Oh and about the amount of copies, GS (and all stores in general) only order what they believe will sell. I've seen plenty of games only get 2-3 copies ordered and 1 sits for a long time before selling (looking at you Monster Racers), while they follow the same thing for others, but they sell VERY fast and have to be ordered again (Radiant Historia).

well considering that three copies isn't much and EDF has a cult following it will sell out pretty fast, but its just another average game, why should i buy this when i can go buy a better game like just cause 2 for $20
---
"Well i actually performed the experiment dozens of times. The bad news is reality doesnt exist. The good news is we have a new cat graveyard" -GLaDOS
#9gorilla47Posted 7/8/2011 10:24:58 AM
Bluehat how far did you get in the game?
---
Don't flame me, I'm a hero. I once rescued a giant baby from a flock of angry gorillas.
#10bluehat94Posted 7/8/2011 10:46:29 AM
gorilla47 posted...
Bluehat how far did you get in the game?

which one? 2017 or IA?
---