This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why has Xbox gone so Kinect Krazy?

#1ScumGoatPosted 7/8/2011 9:16:39 AM
I don't have kinect, and like a lot of my friends, i feel as if the original market (13-20 year olds) have been pushed aside to this stupid "Family Gaming!" market. Everything to do with xbox is advertising kinect, and you can see proof - Almost a third of the top bar on Xbox.com is KINECT... AND it's capitalized. I feel really let down, being a gold member for almost 3 years. I'm seriously thinking of moving to PS3, despite the hacking issues. I'm unable to play kinect, as a normal teen, my room is too messy/too small, and i am NOT moving my xbox downstairs.

What're your thoughts?
---
"He turned up dead. I guess someone finally got tired of his crazy behaviour" - Captain Dion
#2Jonny2284Posted 7/8/2011 9:17:39 AM
It sold a ****load of units and you're wondering why it's getting software support?
#3kidwgmPosted 7/8/2011 9:19:47 AM
You feel let down? lol Grow up. You don't like the Kinect or its games that's fine. There are plenty of other games for you to play currently, coming out or in development.
---
".... anyone who would question that the perpetrator of mass murder on American soil didn't deserve what he got needs to have their head examined."
#4mikewu1Posted 7/8/2011 9:19:48 AM
Why do you people keep making these topics?
#5Robin_MaskPosted 7/8/2011 9:20:02 AM
ScumGoat posted...
I don't have kinect, and like a lot of my friends, i feel as if the original market (13-20 year olds) have been pushed aside to this stupid "Family Gaming!" market. Everything to do with xbox is advertising kinect, and you can see proof - Almost a third of the top bar on Xbox.com is KINECT... AND it's capitalized. I feel really let down, being a gold member for almost 3 years. I'm seriously thinking of moving to PS3, despite the hacking issues. I'm unable to play kinect, as a normal teen, my room is too messy/too small, and i am NOT moving my xbox downstairs.

What're your thoughts?

I bet the room problem is also going to be Microsoft's fault right?

I might as well start questioning why GTA, COD, Uncharted, Halo, Killzone, MGS, Mario and Zelda games keep on getting sequels.
---
One Night in Neo Kobe City.
I'm a big fan of fighting games and don't hate or pick sides for either one. They are all good in their own way.
#6AnonymousFriendPosted 7/8/2011 9:24:42 AM
This isn't Nintendo. Microsoft doesn't release something and not support it.

Kinect comes out and recieves no support and people say that it was only a fad.

Kinect comes out and developers develop software for it and people ask why this fad is getting so much support.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#7ScumGoat(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 9:27:24 AM
None of you are listening to what i am saying.

SJA, they may have sold a load of units, but why forget about the teenage market? I mean, nintendo have already sealed the family market, why are xbox trying to take over that?

Kidwgm, All the upcoming sequels to my current games either have kinect support or are fully kinect only.

mikewu1, We keep making them because we know we're right. Although i haven't seen one of these before.

You kinect lovers sicken me. When did you buy your xbox?
---
"He turned up dead. I guess someone finally got tired of his crazy behaviour" - Captain Dion
#8seb03Posted 7/8/2011 9:27:53 AM
Micr$oft announced a new game for Kinect so now I can't buy Dark Souls
I hate you Micro£oft!
---
White friend code = 0303 8977 2273
I'm hungry. Give me a chilli dog.
#9ScumGoat(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 9:32:47 AM
And how long is it going to be before microsoft make EVERYTHING on xbox kinect only? I think kinect is a good idea n all but i have played it, it's nothing special. Eyetoy on ps2 was extactly the same. My room being too small is not microsofts fault, But i can still say that a huge number of xbox players in their teens, living in the UK, have tiny rooms like mine. Xbox might want to consider who their true market is.
---
#10Robin_MaskPosted 7/8/2011 9:38:14 AM
ScumGoat posted...
And how long is it going to be before microsoft make EVERYTHING on xbox kinect only? I think kinect is a good idea n all but i have played it, it's nothing special. Eyetoy on ps2 was extactly the same. My room being too small is not microsofts fault, But i can still say that a huge number of xbox players in their teens, living in the UK, have tiny rooms like mine. Xbox might want to consider who their true market is.

You should have considered your room size before even buying such things.
---
One Night in Neo Kobe City.
I'm a big fan of fighting games and don't hate or pick sides for either one. They are all good in their own way.