This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever cheated for a Achievement?

#51JukainPosted 7/11/2011 10:57:36 AM
I've done some things that people would say are pretty lame (Avatar lol), but I've never cheated for an achievement, that's just pointless.

Equally pointless to have played Avatar for the quick 1000. Anyone who has that game who doesn't actually enjoy the game for what it is (along with Hannah Montana, My Horse, and that other crap) is automatically disqualified from any kind of achievement ranking conversation to me.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900&complete=1
#52Killah PriestPosted 7/11/2011 1:22:53 PM
I don't consider that cheating, its more like stat padding.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#53Zohar_MetatronPosted 7/11/2011 1:26:27 PM
I've never gotten how Avatar (or whatever other easy title) negates other achievements, but it seems to come up a lot.

Like, if someone has 1250 on Mushihimesama Futari, also having 1000 on Avatar doesn't make that any less impressive.
---
Would you please stop that infernal raking?! It's driving me CRAZY! SHEESH!
#54JukainPosted 7/11/2011 1:41:29 PM
^ It doesn't, but it's false padding. 300,000 sounds impressive until you realize more than half of that is bull hockey. Nine times out of ten when I cross-reference my comparatively-low gamerscore of 32k and some change to the people who have over 200k, I find that on the games we have in common, I almost always have more on an individual game-to-game compared basis.

I'm not saying I only play hard games for the sake of playing hard games, I only play games I am genuinely interested in and enjoy playing them. I don't get how someone who enjoys Halo, Call of Duty, Gears, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, etc. can also be interested in and honestly enjoy Avatar, Barbie Horse Adventures, Cabela's Safari, Hannah Montana, etc. It's just silly.
---
#55Killah PriestPosted 7/11/2011 1:50:16 PM
I find that on the games we have in common, I almost always have more on an individual game-to-game compared basis.

well when you have achievements like final fantasy 13 for grinding hours for ingots and stuff why does that make you better than the person that doesn't?
---
#56JukainPosted 7/11/2011 1:59:36 PM
I love how you picked out my grindy achievements and not the actual worthy ones like 5 stars on all Expert career on Guitar Hero III or Sith Master on The Force Unleashed or Little Rocket Man from Half Life 2 or Smile from Geometry Wars.

But it doesn't make me 'better' it's just that I don't play games that I'm not interested purely for points. If a game's on my list, I played through it for the purposes of actually playing the game and enjoying it. If I've 100%'d it, then I really enjoyed the game to the point where I felt I wanted to totally complete it.
---
#57Killah PriestPosted 7/11/2011 2:01:22 PM
guitar hero achievements are worthless.
---
#58Halochief6Posted 7/11/2011 2:30:23 PM
Cheating =/= boosting. Your example is boosting. Yes I have boosted for a few before but only for the ones that are really long/hard or aren't worth hours of trying to get. Have I ever cheated/glitched/hacked for an achievement? Never.
---
GT - Legendaryicon3
#59EcotronPosted 7/11/2011 2:34:22 PM
Yes not gonna lie. And personally I do get satisfaction out of it. I usually hunt achievements after I've beaten a game and I feel like there's nothing left to do. Adds extra playing time and for me it's not even about "earning it" its about getting the achievement and from that I get satisfaction
#60dfitz188Posted 7/11/2011 3:24:05 PM
Jukain posted...
^ It doesn't, but it's false padding. 300,000 sounds impressive until you realize more than half of that is bull hockey. Nine times out of ten when I cross-reference my comparatively-low gamerscore of 32k and some change to the people who have over 200k, I find that on the games we have in common, I almost always have more on an individual game-to-game compared basis.

I'm not saying I only play hard games for the sake of playing hard games, I only play games I am genuinely interested in and enjoy playing them. I don't get how someone who enjoys Halo, Call of Duty, Gears, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, etc. can also be interested in and honestly enjoy Avatar, Barbie Horse Adventures, Cabela's Safari, Hannah Montana, etc. It's just silly.

believe it or not some people have different interests and enjoy many different kinds of entertainment. I myself enjoy playing little kids games like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Open Season and games like that... its a nice change of pace from a Gears of War or Call of Duty.... plus the easy achievements dont hurt either.... that being said i have completed (100% achieved) easy gamerscore games and hard ones as well.... (i have a 92% completion percentage)
---
Xbox360GT: FITZ 188 ~ Gamefaqs = Home of 2% useful users and the other 98%....well....you'll see.
Colt Brennan > Your quarterback R.I.P. Sean Taylor