This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

360's USB ports usages

#1chocoboblue99Posted 7/8/2011 2:42:59 PM
For your USB ports, what do you like to use them for?

I use them for flash keys and sometimes for my fighting stick.
#2HulkxxSMASHPosted 7/8/2011 3:13:48 PM
chocoboblue99 posted...
For your USB ports, what do you like to use them for?

I use them for flash keys and sometimes for my fighting stick.

Odd question considering they have very limited uses but...

Plug my Sansa Clip in to listen to podcasts/music whilst playing sports/racing games (or I just stream)

Wireless adaptor - self explanatory

Usb keys - watch latest American TV shows (like Heroes when it was on, Walking Dead etc I'm not in America, and hate watching weekly, in fact I rarely watch TV at all) my mate downloads for me

Very rarely use play and charge 'cos I have a docking station, but when needs must...
#3CapwnDPosted 7/8/2011 4:12:48 PM
I actually use extensions so that it's easier to plug my USB card into it. I lose some speed that way, but i only use the USB cards as memory units anyways so it's plenty fast for that. My 360s look sort of funny, like they have cords spitting out the front with flashing USB sticks at the end.
---
I live in a constant state of Deja Vu. Didn't I mention this once before?
#4chocoboblue99(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2011 5:27:10 PM
CaPwnD posted...
I actually use extensions so that it's easier to plug my USB card into it. I lose some speed that way, but i only use the USB cards as memory units anyways so it's plenty fast for that. My 360s look sort of funny, like they have cords spitting out the front with flashing USB sticks at the end.

You can lose speed, when using extensions? I didn't know this. I thought it would be the same speed.
#5CapwnDPosted 7/8/2011 5:51:18 PM(edited)
Yep you lose speed. Even one of those tiny extensions.

I have a program to test HDD speed read and write, but I forget the name of it and it gives me security warnings... I'm sure there's better programs out there. But you can test it on your computer to see how much speed you use if you use an extension or docking station.

Hubs also make you lose speed.
---
As Above, So Below