This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't play Mass Effect 2 Offline?!!!!!!

#11scoobydoobydontPosted 7/9/2011 8:25:17 AM(edited)

How so? I don't see how this is EAs fault when TC is the one without internet connection.

EA made it require a connection to begin with, and in the case of the CN DLC, the DLC is tied to an EA account.

People seem to run off an assumption that ME2 DLC has some kind of EA DRM added to it, which is not the case.

Cerberus Network DLC is tied to a EA account, that is a roundabout form of DRM. If you violate EA rules on their website, they can **** your **** up, as evidenced by the fact that TC's save is unusable without the DLC. Sure, this particular case isn't that, but EA has far too much control and that is partly making this much more obnoxious than it needs to be. What if TC or anyone has this iussue in three years? When EA is pushing ME4/MMO/a new trilogy and decides ME2's Cerberus Network DLC is "obsolete" the way they do regularly with MP servers? TC would be SOL, he'd never be able to re-DL that DLC. It's out of MS's hands. That's why giving EA (or Sega, or in the future Valve) independent control is a bad thing.
---
"The journey is what matters, not the challenge. Challenge works well with teenagers...but it doesn't work with adults." -David Cage
#12AnonymousFriendPosted 7/9/2011 10:17:14 AM
^^^This has nothing to do with EA. Seems like the problem is just like with Fallout. If you try to load a save that has game add-on info in it, you need the content there for the save to load properly.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#13scoobydoobydontPosted 7/9/2011 10:33:52 AM

^^^This has nothing to do with EA. Seems like the problem is just like with Fallout. If you try to load a save that has game add-on info in it, you need the content there for the save to load properly.

Well I said it wasn't TCs exact issue, but it is EAs fault that CN DLC is tied to EA, actually, and if EA bans you or removes access to that DLC, the normal re-dl failsafes aren't going to save you. Fallout saves might have DLC dependencies, but FO DLC itself isn't tied to you "Bethesda" account the same way is what I mean.
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." -Molyneux
#14RenamonPosted 7/9/2011 3:41:45 PM
AnonymousFriend posted...

Even that's not correct, In Fallout, you just get a message warning you that the DLC is not available (which is common sense anyway), but it still loads.

Dunno how Fallouot even came into this topic though.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#15AnonymousFriendPosted 7/9/2011 4:35:40 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Well I said it wasn't TCs exact issue, but it is EAs fault that CN DLC is tied to EA, actually, and if EA bans you or removes access to that DLC, the normal re-dl failsafes aren't going to save you. Fallout saves might have DLC dependencies, but FO DLC itself isn't tied to you "Bethesda" account the same way is what I mean.

If EA bans you? I don't most people even bother using their EA account beyond setting it up when they first get prompted. Do you know how hard it is to get banned from these type of things when you actively use them? Almost as common as someone getting an audit from the IRS. Anyone who gets a banning truly deserves it.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#16SquallWindbladePosted 7/9/2011 4:51:26 PM
His saved game is linked to the content he downloaded. The game won't allow him to load his save unless the appropriate content is available, and it's likely that the console license for the content is attached to another console.

Hence, no DLC warnings. It's not that the content doesn't exist, it's that he doesn't have a license on his console to use it, but his saved game requires it.

EA has nothing to do with it. You can use your DLC offline, even in EA games, as long as you're doing it on the console that holds the console license.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.
#17DuwstaiPosted 7/9/2011 5:34:36 PM
"If EA bans you? I don't most people even bother using their EA account beyond setting it up when they first get prompted. Do you know how hard it is to get banned from these type of things when you actively use them? Almost as common as someone getting an audit from the IRS. Anyone who gets a banning truly deserves it."

Ignorance.

Just like moderations on here... it all comes down to the personal feelings of the moderator, rather than specific TOS violations. If you say something they dont personally like, you could very well get banned and they will make up whatever reason they want to justify it.

People who talk like this just deserve to have all their rights taken from them. "Oh.. who cares about stuff like the Patriot Act?! Thats only for terrorists! They would never abuse it!!"

Talk about naive..
---
XBL: eL Sm3gmA, H2K CoBrA ::: PSN: Smegtico
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999