This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why cant they make all games backwards compatible?

#11myothracntwsbnd(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2011 1:59:16 PM
I do have a second tv but thats generally the rest of my family uses, I'mm probably just set it up on the floor, chances are i'll play for 30 mins and move on lol.
---
FYI gamefaqs has an edit feature now.
#12GregsplintercelPosted 7/9/2011 2:10:10 PM
Because Microsoft is stupid and I guess it makes too much sense to make them all backwards compatible.
---
THE GODS OF OLYMPUS
HAVE ABANDONED ME
#13PSP_H0mebrewPosted 7/9/2011 2:18:50 PM
At least some of my old xbox games are playable, Im still pissed my ps3 can't play my huge ps2 library.
---
Montreal Canadiens Fan Maybe next year guys.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/lush/GIFs/ssdance.gif
#14piledriver85Posted 7/9/2011 2:26:07 PM
Gregsplintercel posted...
Because Microsoft is stupid and I guess it makes too much sense to make them all backwards compatible.

If you read one of the previous posts the poster explained why not all games are backwards compatible.
---
All your internets are belong to me.
PC, 360, Wii, DSi XL
#15Super CreaturesPosted 7/9/2011 6:50:27 PM
boolzero, very well said, only problem is, I think the average person that has no idea how **** works and just expects it to work will look at that post and go "huh?"

Wasn't there also an issue with the Xbox using pressure sensitive buttons, while the 360 doesn't, making certain games not function properly, even if everything else with the emulation worked 100%, so they chose not to add them to the BC library?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#16Mutant1988Posted 7/9/2011 7:00:15 PM
To emulate the games would require them to have access to the games code, for which they'd need the permission of the owner. Or rather, they'd have to have the developer themselves reprogram it, since it's their game and they're familiar with the code.

But thing is, sometimes that's simply not possible (A lot of dev teams have gone out of business or are occupied by other projects). And either way, that's asking them to do a lot of work for free.

As much as it sucks, we should be glad they made any games BC at all. But personally, I think they should have put more effort into it, back when it was still possible.

As an act of goodwill, to reward the loyalty of those that supported them in the last gen.

But now just about every developer are too busy with other things to go back to working on their old games. So further BC emulation is without a doubt impossible.

Lets just hope that a third party takes up the task sometime in the future, even if it's strictly not legal. It's justified for the sake of preservation, in my opinion.
---
To all Trolls - Pretending to be an idiot... Makes you an idiot.