This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

System not displaying video

#1BlitzAce21Posted 7/9/2011 3:51:24 PM
I have one of the old Xbox 360's, the ones from original release with no HDMI output. I've never had a problem with it, never had a red ring of death, and while playing a game recently I started seeing weird splotches of green in the game. When I turned it off and back on to fix it, only the sound worked, not the video. I can still maneuver the menu, and there are no red rings, but nothing is displayed. Tried replacing the component cords with a brand new set and the same problem, can't be a coincidence. Meaning it must be the machine, but what could the problem be? Just age?
#2BlitzAce21(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2011 6:59:43 PM
Nobody has any idea whats up with my 360? I mean theres no red ring, is there some way to reset my system? The sound works, but no picture shows on the TV, and I've tried multiple TV's.
#3kingbahamut83Posted 7/9/2011 7:16:43 PM
maybe check the switch on the cable to see where its set. If its on hdtv, you will get sound but no picture. Perhaps it easily slides over on its own. Tried a new cable? Maybe try a component cable without the switch on it.
---
YEAH! I SAID IT!
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
#4twiztidfreak6t9Posted 7/9/2011 8:11:12 PM
Quote:maybe check the switch on the cable to see where its set. If its on hdtv, you will get sound but no picture. Perhaps it easily slides over on its own. Tried a new cable? Maybe try a component cable without the switch on it.
@kingbahamut83

That or hold down the power button on the xbox until it displays the picture (doing this resets the display),if none of that works then more than likely the graphics card is going out or is out.That green image is usually the tell tale signs of damaged graphics cards in the 360s
---
Sent from my iPhone 4
#5BeefEasterPosted 7/9/2011 8:19:25 PM
same thing happened to me a few years ago

your system is done