This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will there ever be/would you like to see a current gen Manhunt?

#11Magist_of_metal(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2011 2:01:00 PM

a new manhunt would be awesome...but what is wrong with graphics these days?

What he's getting at is that graphics this gen are leaps and bounds ahead of what the PS2 was capable of, so all the brutal murder sequences would look so much more realistic and grotesque than those in the predecessors.

Essentially this and before you bring something like Mortal Kombat into it keep in mind presentation is taken into account.

Mortal Kombat is violent but its presented in such a way that it seems lighter than the way Manhunt did it.
---
*Insert witty boisterous relic of seemingly useless allegory for means of simply amusing a random personage*
#12stargazer1981Posted 7/10/2011 2:27:53 PM
natevines posted...
a new manhunt would be awesome...but what is wrong with graphics these days?

What he's getting at is that graphics this gen are leaps and bounds ahead of what the PS2 was capable of, so all the brutal murder sequences would look so much more realistic and grotesque than those in the predecessors.

Anyway, the answer to that question is NO, because those who oppose video game violence never seem to get more vocal as graphics advance. They were up in arms for Doom, GTA III, GTA IV, etc.

So developers should be afraid about pushing their games to a certain limit because they don't wanna cause an outrage, and have to be dragged through the mud by some half-wit politician that will try to institute anti-game legislation that will be deemed unconstitutional?

Help me understand what you meant.
---
A teaser for my zombie web series: Viva Humanity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEJwzHQ4hts
#13Magist_of_metal(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2011 6:28:16 PM
I really think advanced graphics is what will hold back it's release, I mean look at this screenshot I took.

Nowhere near the power of today's graphics yet with all filtering and effects added to it, it still looks disturbing.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2084/manhuntz.jpg
---
*Insert witty boisterous relic of seemingly useless allegory for means of simply amusing a random personage*
#14ikrissyPosted 7/10/2011 6:34:12 PM
Didn't the last one end up getting an A for adult rating?

I liked the first one...
---
goolybooly-TC, you came HERE to complain about the bad people on Xbox Live? Xbox Live is like GameFAQs with sound. | GT- Kombat Kelly
#15stargazer1981Posted 7/10/2011 6:36:25 PM
Magist_of_metal posted...
I really think advanced graphics is what will hold back it's release, I mean look at this screenshot I took.

Nowhere near the power of today's graphics yet with all filtering and effects added to it, it still looks disturbing.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2084/manhuntz.jpg

It wouldn't be any worse than sawing a locust in half with a lancer in Gears. I don't see the problem. I hope they remake Manhunt... or at least do a game just like it.
---
A teaser for my zombie web series: Viva Humanity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEJwzHQ4hts
#16JDGFootman1234Posted 7/10/2011 6:36:51 PM
I would pay $100 for a current gen Manhunt. The first was an amazing and unforgettable game.
---
I suppose you could never explain to the most ingenious mollusk that such a creature as a whale existed-Emerson
#17natevinesPosted 7/10/2011 7:33:28 PM
So developers should be afraid about pushing their games to a certain limit because they don't wanna cause an outrage, and have to be dragged through the mud by some half-wit politician that will try to institute anti-game legislation that will be deemed unconstitutional?

Help me understand what you meant.

HUH? How did you get that from what I wrote, at all? TC asked if a new Manhunt would be seen in poor taste because modern graphics with Manhunt's brutality would be an almost unprecented level of video game violence. I said 'no', or at least not anymore so than the original Manhunt, because those who oppose violence in videogames have NOT really grown more vocal over the years, even as games have gotten more and more graphically able to depict reality. So basically what I was driving it is the opposite of what you somehow read; that there would be no major controversy if a Manhunt 3 were to be released.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#18illmatic009Posted 7/10/2011 7:36:36 PM
I have been wanting a new Manhunt game for so long. Manhunt 2 was awesome and I would love to see some brutal executions.
---
PSN: Stillmatic1991 Xbox GT: Stillmatic1991
Snake!? Snaaaaaaaake!?!
#19CarcerCityHoodPosted 7/10/2011 7:44:24 PM
Right after Manhunt 2 was released, Rockstar came out and said they'd continue making them if fans wanted more, because they loved the series too.

Since then, rumor has it they tried pitching the idea of Manhunt 3 to their publishers Take Two, and they turned down the idea.

On a positive note, the domains of manhunt3.com and manhunt4.com are registered by Rockstar.

So... Who knows. But I'd love another.
---
"UN-opened & NEW huh?
Thank you for NOT shopping @ Gamestop!" - laurier