This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is MS now trying to market the 360 like an Apple product?

#1da number one stoogePosted 7/10/2011 5:38:48 AM
Littering the dash with a bunch of childish avatars and "hip and cool" Kinect loving, wannabe gamers, is just pathetic.
Fine. Put this stuff in your ads and store displays, but I already own an Xbox, so please remove this crap from my screen.

I understand that as a gamer I'm no longer your target audience MS. So why do you have to insult me with these lame and generic characters that pop-up all over my UI? Can't you just leave me alone, let me see my custom theme, and let me game in piece?
---
Rest in peace Jason. I'll miss you man.
#2CyricsServantPosted 7/10/2011 6:17:56 AM
They want a slice of Nintendo's pie.
#3Samuel 025Posted 7/10/2011 6:59:11 AM
da number one stooge posted...
Littering the dash with a bunch of childish avatars and "hip and cool" Kinect loving, wannabe gamers, is just pathetic.
Fine. Put this stuff in your ads and store displays, but I already own an Xbox, so please remove this crap from my screen.

I understand that as a gamer I'm no longer your target audience MS. So why do you have to insult me with these lame and generic characters that pop-up all over my UI? Can't you just leave me alone, let me see my custom theme, and let me game in piece?

I think that we should be able to customize what displays. However, that said, you should know that you are not entitled to an opinion in the decision of what gets displayed.
---
Dr. House and Dr. Cox should team up and cure everything.
"Drinking Santana champ, cause it's so crisp!"
#4leezeebubPosted 7/10/2011 7:12:29 AM
Yeah I can never quite work out why their are peaces of adverts all over the plaice.
---
PSN: Leezeebub GT: belzelee
Leezeebub: Stamping on Goombas since 1985
#5YodaCrackersPosted 7/10/2011 7:18:40 AM
Current Amazon Video Game Best Sellers

1. NCAA Football 12 (360)
2. Kinect Sports (360)
3. NCAA Football 12 (PS3)
4. Dance Central (360)
5. Child of Eden (360)
6. Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (360)
7. Wipeout In the Zone (360)
8. Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do (360)
9. Michael Jackson: The Experience (360)

10. Just Dance 2 (Wii)

That's why.
---
I'll be here all night, folks!
#6Shinobi120Posted 7/10/2011 7:23:54 AM
Don't worry, guys, Kinect may be popular right now, but it won't last forever. Just give it another 2-3 years from today & it'll completely die down.
#7WinternovaPosted 7/10/2011 7:49:16 AM

Because most gamers who will buy the 360 have already bought it over the past 6 years. To move more units, Microsoft needs to market to different niches. It's something any business major learns in their first or second year.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(AFC Champs), Red Wings(Central Champs)
#8YodaCrackersPosted 7/10/2011 8:01:55 AM(edited)
Winternova posted...

Because most gamers who will buy the 360 have already bought it over the past 6 years. To move more units, Microsoft needs to market to different niches. It's something any business major learns in their first or second year.

Sony did the same thing with Move, except it was nowhere near as successful as Kinect, and that's why they're not supporting it as heavily as Microsoft is supporting their product. If Move was that successful, Sony would be pushing it hard. And they've always had a lot more first party developers than Microsoft, so they would still have all their exclusives.

Microsoft isn't cancelling their exclusive games to focus on Kinect. I'm sure they'd have pretty much the same game lineup today had Kinect never existed. Except they'd be getting outsold by their competitors and facing terrible sales, instead of seeing their highest sales ever and outselling both of their competitors so far this year. Kinect is not hurting the Xbox 360. It is only making it more popular and in turn, more profitable.
---
I'll be here all night, folks!
#9PoKeR360Posted 7/10/2011 8:40:28 AM
YodaCrackers posted...
Current Amazon Video Game Best Sellers

1. NCAA Football 12 (360)
2. Kinect Sports (360)
3. NCAA Football 12 (PS3)
4. Dance Central (360)
5. Child of Eden (360)
6. Your Shape: Fitness Evolved (360)
7. Wipeout In the Zone (360)
8. Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do (360)
9. Michael Jackson: The Experience (360)
10. Just Dance 2 (Wii)

That's why.

Lmao, this doesn't mean anything.. They just had a B1G1 Free on kinect games.
---
Cool Story, Bro.
#10brianbadongyPosted 7/10/2011 8:41:46 AM
Why is MS now trying to market the 360 like an Apple product?

Because market relative, Xbox 360 and Kinect have the demand of an apple product.
---
psn id - chadhardy
proud multi console player - PS34li4e