This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do people still play the original Gears of War online?

#1Cave_LionPosted 7/10/2011 7:01:49 AM
?/
---
http://www.nmm.ac.uk/upload/img_200/Neptune-spot.jpg
NEPTUNE
#2YodaCrackersPosted 7/10/2011 7:02:44 AM
Yes, absolutely. Except there are tons of boosters lately, gathering up their last achievements before Gears of War 3 releases this September.
---
I'll be here all night, folks!
#3Matt_256Posted 7/10/2011 7:11:51 AM
I have a few friends that still play this because they hated the 2nd one so much..
#4stapler87Posted 7/10/2011 7:13:48 AM
If people are still playing it I think I'm going to get it. I used to love the MP in this game back when everyone played it... and it's only like $5 these days.
---
"I have to return some videotapes!" - Patrick Bateman
#5YodaCrackersPosted 7/10/2011 7:16:02 AM
stapler87 posted...
If people are still playing it I think I'm going to get it. I used to love the MP in this game back when everyone played it... and it's only like $5 these days.

You'll love it. It's just as laggy and glitchy as ever!
---
I'll be here all night, folks!
#6stapler87Posted 7/10/2011 7:21:07 AM
YodaCrackers posted...
stapler87 posted...

You'll love it. It's just as laggy and glitchy as ever!

Do people still glitch to get out of maps? Nothing to make the game enjoyable like having the everyone in the game decide not to play and just screw around in some invisible path outside the map's proper borders.
---
"I have to return some videotapes!" - Patrick Bateman
#7ShotgunnovaPosted 7/10/2011 10:54:47 AM
I have a few friends that still play this because they hated the 2nd one so much..

Yeah, that's the sentiment I walked away with last year when I played.
---
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame
#8PrealienkingPosted 7/10/2011 11:14:26 AM
I just played a few games earlier today.
---
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)
#9RyuHayabusaAjdePosted 7/13/2011 9:46:12 PM
Yes, but the community is horrible. Rage quitters every. single. ranked. game. Sniper activing will down you in one hit before you get a chance to switch you the shotgun which dominates the game. Player Matches aren't much better considering the host will usually kick you simply for killing him. Trash Talkers and hate message spammers are abundant and just today, someone tried to scam me for my account because I had the Seriously achievement on it.
#10beds2Posted 7/13/2011 9:50:04 PM
Still the most played game on my Xbox to this day. Community is definitely still there, but they definitely still do suck.
---
Gamers make me sick.