This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Found The Orange Box for $16 bucks.

#1steelix55Posted 7/10/2011 1:20:41 PM
Should I get it? I have never played Half-Life 1, but I have always wanted to play 2 and Portal. Do I need to play 1 to know what is going on in 2, or do they kind of explain what is happening in 2. Do people still play Team Fortress 2 online? It is used but in brand new condition. Will I miss anything by buying used? Thanks in advance.
---
XBL & PSN: aaron0115
#2popping4itPosted 7/10/2011 1:21:32 PM
$16? how is this not like $5. its old as ****
---
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#3steelix55(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2011 1:24:22 PM
They had the PS3 version for $38 bucks, and I heard that version sucks. I thought $16 was cheap?
---
#4Spartangod777Posted 7/10/2011 1:26:38 PM
steelix55 posted...
Should I get it? I have never played Half-Life 1, but I have always wanted to play 2 and Portal. Do I need to play 1 to know what is going on in 2, or do they kind of explain what is happening in 2. Do people still play Team Fortress 2 online? It is used but in brand new condition. Will I miss anything by buying used? Thanks in advance.

1. Yes, definitely pick it up. 3 whole games with two expansions that act as games on their own. Quite the redeeming experience. All are critically acclaimed and amazing games.

2. No, you do not have to play the first Half-Life as you can pick up on what is happening later in the story, or see it from a whole new perspective. But I do recommend reading up on it, for added immersion and basic understanding of what is happening in City 17 and the world after the Black Mesa incident.

3. Yes, plenty still play it online, as it is considered the Vanilla version of TF2, the classic version without all the features of it's PC counterpart.

4. Nope, no difference between the used version or new, they are the same package each.
---
Currently Playing: BFBC2, Borderlands, Gears of War 2, Half-Life 2, Resident Evil 5 <========|xxxx0
#5steelix55(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2011 1:28:51 PM
Thank you. I guess I will go get it. Hopefully it keeps me busy for a few weeks! I just looked at the achievement list... Wow. There are like 1,000 achievements! Is it hard to get them all?
---
#6Dark_SpiretPosted 7/10/2011 1:30:13 PM
its got great games in it so ya get it. playing the first isnt necessary(tho a few references might fall over your head).
---
My PC screen shots-http://s402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/Darkspiret/
Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics - Infamous - Uncharted 3 Beta
#7Spartangod777Posted 7/10/2011 1:34:03 PM
steelix55 posted...
Thank you. I guess I will go get it. Hopefully it keeps me busy for a few weeks! I just looked at the achievement list... Wow. There are like 1,000 achievements! Is it hard to get them all?

Not so much hard as it is time consuming. Many require you to step out of your normal style and experiment or explore, which is really what makes it fun and a great experience. Should keep you real busy, but don't focus too much on the achievements. Enjoy the game for what it is worth, immerse yourself.
---
Currently Playing: BFBC2, Borderlands, Gears of War 2, Half-Life 2, Resident Evil 5 <========|xxxx0
#8The_Dark_Slay3rPosted 7/10/2011 1:40:15 PM
steelix55 posted...

Yes. No, you might want to watch a Half-Life 1 recap on youtube though, here are 2 good ones (Spoilers, obviously):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMY9bySYne4
&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlJB9Wg-MTU

I believe some people still play it, It's the vanilla version and is very different from the PC version.

You should be able to get it new for that price. Don't buy it used.
#9jakisthePosted 7/10/2011 1:43:44 PM
Heck, you should be able to get it for like 5 on the PC...and it runs on pretty much anything.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#10MegaCyber09Posted 7/10/2011 1:45:32 PM
Team Fortress 2 is already free on Steam...
---
XBL Gamertag: CyberGTX09
"Life is the life of life." - Unknown