This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I got hacked..

#1MirageMew2Posted 7/10/2011 6:05:34 PM
I ain't even mad, but I'm incredibly annoyed right now. Some no life hacked my gamertag, I come on today (having not been on since Friday) and I see my friends gone, my avatar looking like some goth vampire, and a different gamer picture. My motto was changed to #1 Best Hack3Rs and name to Se7enSins.com. He changed my bio to:

I apologize i was bored -Sincerly Jerry @ Se7enSins.com

What kind of no life dick does this kind of s***? Now I'm checking the damage done, by the looks of it my card hasn't been charged and nothing really bad was done, except I lost some friends I can't really get back. I already changed my password, anything else I should do, perhaps delete my card information?
---
3DS: 4553-9991-3740
Tries Way Too Hard
#2Moss_27Posted 7/10/2011 6:11:00 PM
Call MS to report it. And call your CC company to give them a heads up. That way they both have documentation of someone having access to your account info in case anything happens to your info down the road. Your CC company might have to send a new card, but it's better than worrying about when/if this guy tries to use it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZMQE1.gif
#3MirageMew2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2011 6:22:16 PM
I'm more than sure that my card wasn't used, but I'm going to delete the info, but I will call MSoft.
---
My 3DS broke. My gamertag was hacked.
Tries Way Too Hard
#4DuwstaiPosted 7/10/2011 7:12:25 PM
"I'm more than sure that my card wasn't used, but I'm going to delete the info, but I will call MSoft."

That wont make any difference. He already has your credit card info. Taking the info off the xbox now would be redundant... unless you are just thinking about future hackings. But even with that, Im pretty sure you need to have at least 1 card connected to your account at all times.

Definitely call your credit card company, I would change the card. Just because he hasnt used it yet, doesnt mean he wont. He had access to your account, he probably went in and wrote down all your info. Maybe he doesnt need/ want to use it now... but who knows if in a couple weeks he's bored again and realizes he has some guys credit card info who was too stupid to change it after he found out it was compromised.
---
XBL: eL Sm3gmA, H2K CoBrA ::: PSN: Smegtico
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999
#5ShawnKemp40Posted 7/10/2011 7:14:58 PM
What is your gamertag?
---
Champ...Champ! Looked like you two were doing the Jitterbug, while he Dallas secondary were doing the Charleston
#6jdavie87Posted 7/10/2011 7:18:15 PM

"I'm more than sure that my card wasn't used, but I'm going to delete the info, but I will call MSoft."

That wont make any difference. He already has your credit card info. Taking the info off the xbox now would be redundant... unless you are just thinking about future hackings. But even with that, Im pretty sure you need to have at least 1 card connected to your account at all times.

Definitely call your credit card company, I would change the card. Just because he hasnt used it yet, doesnt mean he wont. He had access to your account, he probably went in and wrote down all your info. Maybe he doesnt need/ want to use it now... but who knows if in a couple weeks he's bored again and realizes he has some guys credit card info who was too stupid to change it after he found out it was compromised.

I'm pretty sure you can't see the entire credit card number anywhere on your xbox or xbox.com, just the last 4 digits. Only way for the hacker to use it would be to buy something from the marketplace.
---
"What does it do? That's the beauty of it, it doesn't DO anything."
#7CarcerCityHoodPosted 7/10/2011 7:25:29 PM
What is your gamertag?

First thing, call MS support. Second, if you had a way to reset your password, like an attached email or security question, try doing that. Let me know the outcome once you've tried both of these.

Did you have your name and location in your profiles bio by the way?
---
"UN-opened & NEW huh?
Thank you for NOT shopping @ Gamestop!" - laurier
#8ShawnKemp40Posted 7/10/2011 7:41:09 PM
Doesn't add up so I will assume this is to secretly promote the website Se7enSins.com that he probably runs.
---
Champ...Champ! Looked like you two were doing the Jitterbug, while he Dallas secondary were doing the Charleston
#9CarcerCityHoodPosted 7/10/2011 7:45:43 PM
^Well there are very few ways to steal gamertags anymore, so I'd love to help this guy and find out what happened.
---
"UN-opened & NEW huh?
Thank you for NOT shopping @ Gamestop!" - laurier
#10MirageMew2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2011 7:49:07 PM
Doesn't add up so I will assume this is to secretly promote the website Se7enSins.com that he probably runs.

How does it not add up? O_o

And no, I dont have my real info in Bio/Name/Location, and yeah what some kid said, it doesn't show full card info.
---
My 3DS broke. My gamertag was hacked.
Tries Way Too Hard