This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Problems with display

#1The Owner of FF9Posted 7/10/2011 9:48:47 PM
A while ago, I was playing SSFIV, with my console connected to an LCD monitor through HDMI when all of a sudden the screen flickered and the display suddenly had a green/purple haze. (Some interesting things: no red rings and whenever the console went into idle mode the colors would look normal again, albeit darker due to idle). After resetting my console and monitor numerous times, eventually it wouldn't even display and since then has not again.

Tonight, I took my Xbox down to my old TV that I still use to play PS2/PS1 games and hooked it up with component cables. I used to play on this TV before I bought my monitor. It would not display anything but there was sound.

I still need to try my brother's Xbox on my monitor, and maybe try mine with the HDMI cable on a different monitor, but I'm pretty sure my Xbox is busted. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do to fix it myself? Can I send it in to Microsoft and get it repaired? Or should I just get a new Xbox and use my old hard drive?
---
Playing: Pokemon Emerald, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Super Street Fighter IV
Anticipating: Batman: Arkham City, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Street Fighter x Tekken
#2halwendePosted 7/10/2011 9:54:25 PM
Trying another console would be useful in narrowing down the issue, but one thing you can try is resetting the display settings - try this while it's hooked up to that old TV, see if you get a picture...

While the console is starting, press and hold the Y button and pull the right trigger at the same time. Continue holding the buttons when you see the Xbox 360 logo

Source: http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-360/troubleshoot/kb/xbox-kb.aspx?kbid=911059
#3The Owner of FF9(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 5:11:58 PM
Yeah this didn't do anything.

Also tried my system on a different HD TV with the hdmi ... nothing. Definitely the system. What could have possibly caused this?
---
Anticipating: Batman: Arkham City, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Street Fighter x Tekken
#4wallzy41Posted 7/13/2011 5:17:02 PM
OMG, I've been having the same problem too. I was using Energizer Universal HD cables, and the screen died today. Are you using the X360 Slim by any chance?
---
I love newegg, but my mom thinks its spyware-me
#5The Owner of FF9(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 5:18:34 PM
Nope, fat one and just a regular HDMI cable
---
#6wallzy41Posted 7/13/2011 5:21:19 PM
Are they walmart TV's by any chance? I'm trying to narrow my situations down as well... it could very well be a software update?
---
#7wallzy41Posted 7/13/2011 6:08:18 PM
Update: I can access everything with a YWR(standard) cable. I can also access it with S-video. My HD access is disabled and I have no idea how this happened!
---