This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just bought a Kinect! Recommend me some games please!!!

#1Gamer_rmdPosted 7/11/2011 10:40:58 AM
Ordered it online and i am already getting Kinect Adventures. Ill probably only want one more game, maybe two. I heard Dance Central is the best game in the Kinect but i dont know if i can enjoy it because i am not into the whole dancing thing. Kinectamals is a no-no (too old for that kind if stuff). Let me know what i should look into and is worth the buy. Thanks.
#2ZazabarPosted 7/11/2011 10:44:14 AM
I'd get that movie game. Yoostar 2?

looks like a general party game, as is the kinect itself, but I'd like to try it.
---
http://www.xfire.com/profile/zazabar/
You'll see...I'll still be Andy's favorite toy. >:)
#3TheYummyPosted 7/11/2011 10:57:42 AM
kinect sports is actually really fun...the bowling works good and the table tennis is fun...plus you can get a good workout from it

child of eden looks kind of neat as well...dont know much about it besides being a shooter,but it seems to be something different...
#4kidwgmPosted 7/11/2011 11:00:31 AM
Child of Eden. Its a really good game. Watch some vids to get the gist of the game. Amazon and/or Best Buy was doing a buy 1 kinect game get 1 free. But I'm not sure if that deal is still valid.
---
".... anyone who would question that the perpetrator of mass murder on American soil didn't deserve what he got needs to have their head examined."
#5Jspartan117Posted 7/11/2011 11:40:23 AM
Wait for the good stuff this fall. Avoid yoostar

Kinect Sports is OKAY. Dance Central is really good. Child of Eden is really good. UFC Personal Trainer is the best fitness game and reads your body the best
---
Now Playing: KOTOR, Witcher 2, Shogun 2 Total War, As Amnesia Dark Descent
XB-JSpartan117
#6LoozarPosted 7/11/2011 11:41:03 AM
I heard Dance Central is the best game in the Kinect but i dont know if i can enjoy it because i am not into the whole dancing thing

I wouldn't say that you actually do any real dancing though. In a nutshell, it basically feels like DDR, but you follow full body motions instead of arrows.
---
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0dqe5o33Yi01A/610x.jpg
Women's Beach Volleyball, the sport where EVERYONE wins.
#7BigTlovesBEERPosted 7/11/2011 12:36:37 PM
child of eden is a great game. I like Kinect Adventures (the game it comes with) but it's definately for a younger crowd. I'm just a goofball and enjoy playing it. I also would personally reccomend Kinect Sports and Dance central. Both are really terrific games.
#8ZazabarPosted 7/11/2011 12:44:29 PM
why avoid yoostar?

jc because I was looking to pick that up one day.
---
http://www.xfire.com/profile/zazabar/
You'll see...I'll still be Andy's favorite toy. >:)
#9Jspartan117Posted 7/11/2011 1:13:07 PM
^I was too, but just start reading reviews for yoostar, its one of the worst kinect games so far.

it reads poorly, the vast vast majority of clips cost extra money and you can only throw yourself in a movie so many times
---
Now Playing: KOTOR, Witcher 2, Shogun 2 Total War, As Amnesia Dark Descent
XB-JSpartan117