This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wish you can share DLC on xbox live

#1Assembler114Posted 7/11/2011 11:03:20 AM
I've had all the systems this gen for awhile now, but one thing I love is that if I get a game that my friends all get, we can usually just put our money together (Maybe $3-4 each) and buy map packs that would usually cost $15 and share it with all of us on PSN.

On xbox, what we can do is share is pairs of two, by splitting the cost in half and downloading it with one of our accounts on another xbox so all the accounts can access it on that one console, and then the one account that downloaded it can redownload when they take it back home, so I guess that's better than nothing, but I wish it was the same way that we can do it on PSN.
---
Nintendo finally admitted that the Wii does not satisfy core gamers as much as casual players.~SF_Baha
That made Nintendo's E3 for me.
#2her0finityPosted 7/11/2011 11:08:00 AM
k
---
I hope someone sets you on fire her0- MadcowVII
oh hero will you marry me- star52789x2
#3FireFrenzy2112Posted 7/11/2011 11:20:42 AM
You know what you do on PSN is illegal, and against their TOU for PSN.
---
\_(ツ)_/
#4Assembler114(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2011 11:23:55 AM
You also know I ment real life friends, not online buddies?
---
Nintendo finally admitted that the Wii does not satisfy core gamers as much as casual players.~SF_Baha
#5CapwnDPosted 7/11/2011 11:25:34 AM(edited)
Actually you can download it onto one xbox, then move your profile to any other xbox and download and play all you want. The first xbox can use the content offline or online, and you can use the content on the other xbox as long as your profile is logged into XBL.

I do this with every purchase because I have more than one Xbox. As long is you're always connected to XBL with your GT you can always use that content. In the case of map packs, you need to be logged into XBL anyways.
---
I live in a constant state of Deja Vu. Didn't I mention this once before?
#6Damaged7Posted 7/11/2011 11:25:21 AM
I don't think the TOU really takes into account if the people you're breaking the rules with are online buddies or friends you know personally.
---
The girlfriend complains that we dont spend time together. *Takes 360 into kitchen* - Sig by FFTHEWINNER
#7CapwnDPosted 7/11/2011 11:26:34 AM

I don't think the TOU really takes into account if the people you're breaking the rules with are online buddies or friends you know personally.

Not sure about PSN but it's not against the TOU for Xbox. In fact you can read how to do it when you are reading the TOU when you buy things on Xbox.
---
#8Amazingspiderman1Posted 7/11/2011 11:36:10 AM
DEAR GOD TOU!!!!!
---
Gamertag: VenomousRage20x / Dallas Maverick 2010-2011 NBA Champions. Living the dream this summer
#9Assembler114(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2011 11:39:10 AM(edited)
Regardless, thanks CapwnD for clearing it up that what I stated was the only way to do it on xbox. It's been working for years and hopefully will continue to work.

There's a lot I could say about the TOU and "illegal" but I'd rather not get modded for it.

All I will say is, at least they are getting paid something.
---
#10CapwnDPosted 7/11/2011 11:39:06 AM
Somehow i missed the second half of your first post.
---