This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats everyone's thoughts on Gears of War 3?

#1Jspartan117Posted 7/11/2011 12:44:12 PM
I haven't seen much mentioned on this board about it. I didn't get a chance to play the beta. I enjoyed 1 a lot, but the lack of ranked multiplayer with friends kind of killed it for me, i played a little of 2, but three has me very intrigued.

Who here is getting it and what are your thoughts?
---
Now Playing: KOTOR, Witcher 2, Shogun 2 Total War, As Amnesia Dark Descent
XB-JSpartan117
#2studepaberPosted 7/11/2011 12:55:39 PM
I'm not a diehard Gears fan like some, but I was in the Beta and thought 3 was vastly improved over 1 & 2 (couldn't stand 2 personally). Gameplay is quicker than 2, graphics are nice, gore is better than 2, weapons seem balanced (although they will probably nerf the retro lancer and maybe sawed off). The maps were fun and I look forward to play them all. I mainly stick to the multi for Gears games but will do some coop campaign. It's gonna be a day 1 purchase for me.
#3bluehat94Posted 7/11/2011 12:58:14 PM
its looking like a great game, the beta alone was just amazing, i really enjoyed gears 1 and 2 but gears 3 just blows them out of the water
---
"Well i actually performed the experiment dozens of times. The bad news is reality doesnt exist. The good news is we have a new cat graveyard" -GLaDOS
#4Pacman2dxPosted 7/11/2011 1:02:03 PM
Enjoyed Gears 1.

Found Gear 2 to be mediocre online but grinded to level 100 anyways.

Played the Gears 3 beta - gotta say I'm excited for September 20th.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Now Playing : Reach, BFBC2, Black Ops, Mortal Kombat, LA Noire
#5BigSaltyDookiePosted 7/11/2011 1:03:13 PM
Visually it looks great. I have less than zero interest in it though. I could never get into the first two no matter how many times I tried.
---
Old bear.. he likes the honey!
Heart attack never stopped old big bear!
#6rmorton3Posted 7/11/2011 1:06:42 PM
Can't wait. Loved the beta. Alot faster paced and more varied than Gears 2. Also, rifles are actually worth using now. Sawed off shotgun has the potential to really change the way the game is played. 4 player campaign co-op will be great.

I'm not really a collector's edition type of guy, but I have the $150 Epic edition preordered.
---
GT: like the salt / PSN: LikeTheSalt
"Initiative comes to thems that wait"
#7illmatic009Posted 7/11/2011 1:09:33 PM
It has a chance to become my favorite game this gen.
Gears 1 is still my favorite game this gen.
Gears 2 campaign was vastly improved and I loved it, but the multiplayer took a turn for the worse. It's became decent after 6 updates, but still not better then Gears 1 fast paced multi.
---
PSN: Stillmatic1991 Xbox GT: Stillmatic1991
Snake!? Snaaaaaaaake!?!
#8Cinn_kentsu89Posted 7/11/2011 1:16:24 PM
Meh I'd rather buy a Tyler perry movie for full price.
---
GT: CleansingMoon
#9aya469Posted 7/11/2011 1:28:57 PM
bluehat94 posted...
its looking like a great game, the beta alone was just amazing, i really enjoyed gears 1 and 2 but gears 3 just blows them out of the water

this was pretty much my sentiments exactly, the beta was awesome, I put 100s of hours into gears 1 MP and could only muster 100s of minutes into gears 2 broken MP before I stipped playing it, the beta for 3 was awesome though
---
I have a feeling that Rage is going to poo on everything else released this year, long live id!
#10natevinesPosted 7/11/2011 1:30:13 PM
Played through the SP campaigns of both 1 and 2, that's my extent of GoW experience, but...

GoW 2 felt exactly like 1. This new one feels exactly like the other two.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman