This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need help with my TV dont know where to turn

#1goto goochPosted 7/11/2011 1:18:23 PM
My Vizio LCD gives me the "no signal" display for every input available. I unplugged everything and tried again with same result. There was a thunderstorm last night, and i swear lightning touched my house or at least next to the house. Could this have something to do with it? Has anyone ever heard of this?
---
Hate is Baggage. Life is too short to be pissed off all the time. Its just not worth it.
Now playing: Earthbound
#2Killah PriestPosted 7/11/2011 1:21:17 PM
no signal across every input across every source?

or just every input with the 360?
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3goto gooch(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2011 1:30:26 PM
every input with every source, i have my cable and 360 on hdmi 1 and 2 av (n64) does not work either and neither does the coax
---
Hate is Baggage. Life is too short to be pissed off all the time. Its just not worth it.
#4Killah PriestPosted 7/11/2011 1:33:21 PM
I'd call up vizio support, sounds like the inputs are fried.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#5goto gooch(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2011 1:40:23 PM
thank you for responding. im currently on live chat with viz sup
---
#6Carte360Posted 7/11/2011 2:35:01 PM
Any news man??? I swear this happened to an old TV so I'm curious if you got any info?
---
Pokemon FC: 0904-5158-2126
Yeah I am a Christian, but not the kind you think you know.
#7goto gooch(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2011 2:47:32 PM
vizio told me it probably needs a new main board and that it is possible the lightning is what did it. since i dont have a warranty ill have to take it to a local repair shop or just buy a new tv.
---
#8Cinn_kentsu89Posted 7/11/2011 2:51:11 PM
Buy a new tv bro. Repair bill for labor will be 100 to 275 and the part will be a good 60 to 180 area if I am not mistaken.

My pannys sound went out and it took them 3 months in the shop to replace the motherboard and speakers claiming the part was on back order even though it was a 2010 model (repaired late 2010).

So expect a long wait aswell.
---
GT: CleansingMoon