This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ordered $99 refurb 360 from gamestop.com

#1crakpypePosted 7/12/2011 3:37:01 AM
Was this a wise decision?
---
"...that guy that gives sermons at church? Captain What's-His-Name?" -Homer Simpson
#2seb03Posted 7/12/2011 3:37:36 AM
no
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."
#3cifer520Posted 7/12/2011 3:37:52 AM
Next time you plan on getting blackout drunk, turn off your computer and your phone.
#4TheRavenKC123Posted 7/12/2011 3:42:15 AM
A $99 gamble isn't that bad considering that you could have years of fun with it if you're lucky enough to get a good one.
---
http://youtube.com/user/TheRavenKC
BioWare and Bethesda rule!
#5gamerso1990Posted 7/12/2011 3:47:00 AM
As long as you take care of it, I think it was a good decision. I've had my 360 for a little over 2 years and have had no problems.
#6WalkingTheMilePosted 7/12/2011 4:12:02 AM
You're a more brave/stupid man than I
---
Most EPIC kill ever? http://www.youtube.com/user/GamingWithMack?feature=mhee#p/u/1/zfhEPv3OVZg
#7RPG_ApostlePosted 7/12/2011 6:52:51 AM
You, topic creator, are either incredibly brave.... Or incredibly dumb. No offense.

You don't know what the previous owner did to the system. Sure, it was refurbished, but that means it got ****ed up to the point where it had to be sent it for repairs. That means they did the minimum amount of work to make the console function to the point where the warranty expires.

On the other hand, it could be that it was past Microsofts warranty and the disk drive broke. Ok, it happens, it gets replaced, not a huge deal. You could get lucky.

But getting lucky with a refurb system is like winning the lottery. Sure, it happens to some people, just not to you.
---
PS3-It only does everything. Except work online.
#8J NicePosted 7/12/2011 6:57:55 AM
My disk drive is broken. Is that easy to replace? I didnt want to send it in to xbox and pay 100 bucks for it since it was an original 360.
---
"At a moment like this I think of my father's last words." Which were? "Don't son, that gun is loaded!"
#9RPG_ApostlePosted 7/12/2011 7:00:36 AM
J Nice posted...
My disk drive is broken. Is that easy to replace? I didnt want to send it in to xbox and pay 100 bucks for it since it was an original 360.

Yeah, it's not that big of a deal. You're better off looking for a local repair shop. Call mom and pop videogame store around your area and you'll find one. Just know that it voids the warranty, if you still have one.
---
PS3-It only does everything. Except work online.
#10SquallWindbladePosted 7/12/2011 7:13:06 AM
Sure, why not? Most refurbs work just fine. On top of that, you get a warranty with it, so it's not like you're going to be out that money even if something goes wrong. You just take it to Gamestop and they hand you another one.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.