This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anything out there I can play that is as epic or close to epic as Mass Effect?

#1OnipaladinPosted 7/12/2011 6:37:22 PM
This has to be my FAVORITE series! I want to play something on a similar scale. I already Played through Dragon Age so don't suggest that. And that doesn't compare at all to me. If not I guess I can replay ME and ME2 >.>
---
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 4854-6080-3737
#2PrealienkingPosted 7/12/2011 6:39:56 PM
Define epic?
---
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)
#3kemPhReAkPosted 7/12/2011 6:40:10 PM
KOTOR was good, but not as epic. Maddox explains the use of epic.
#4Samuel 025Posted 7/12/2011 6:40:15 PM
kinggoma123 posted...
This has to be my FAVORITE series! I want to play something on a similar scale. I already Played through Dragon Age so don't suggest that. And that doesn't compare at all to me. If not I guess I can replay ME and ME2 >.>

Honestly, nothing really comes close to the scope and scale of the epicness of Mass Effect. Maybe Oblivion?

But I have to agree on the favorite series. I'm trying desperately to find a reasonably priced limited edition Mass Effect (1) just cause I want the metal case.
---
Dr. House and Dr. Cox should team up and cure everything.
"Drinking Santana champ, cause it's so crisp!"
#5Onipaladin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2011 6:41:28 PM
Character development a strong storyline solid smooth gameplay. A large world (although it doesn't need to be that open ended I can appreciate linearity) But something with strong dialogue and solid gameplay with tons of great characters. Something engrossing

Or simply just by reading my title and compare something to Mass Effect 1/2
---
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 4854-6080-3737
#6PrealienkingPosted 7/12/2011 6:46:45 PM
The only thing that comes somewhat close to my mind for that is GTAIV: The Ballad of Gay Tony, but I still wouldn't count that as "EPIC".
---
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)
#7Ryan2002Posted 7/12/2011 6:47:32 PM
Epic Mickey
It has friggin "EPIC" in the title.
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://www.zreomusic.com/Zelda25.jpg =-= http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v965tv&s=7
#8Samuel 025Posted 7/12/2011 6:48:55 PM
Prealienking posted...
The only thing that comes somewhat close to my mind for that is GTAIV: The Ballad of Gay Tony, but I still wouldn't count that as "EPIC".

That's just fun. Epic is an engaging narrative with a heroic lead character facing incredible odds and having a series of great achievements throughout their adventure.
---
Dr. House and Dr. Cox should team up and cure everything.
"Drinking Santana champ, cause it's so crisp!"
#9Carribean_CoolPosted 7/12/2011 6:49:14 PM
Kotor 1, the LS ending is really amazing. Kotor 2, IF you like a dark toned game AND IF you have the lost content mod.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#10stapler87Posted 7/12/2011 6:50:28 PM
I think it'd be tough. I'm about to beat this game for the 9th time as we speak. It's pretty damn good.
---
"I have to return some videotapes!" - Patrick Bateman