This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People STILL complain about small text in games?

#1Magist_of_metalPosted 7/12/2011 11:45:42 PM
I mean not to be a douche but HDTVs are pretty cheap nowadays.

I don't even think they make 4:3 SDTVs intended for home anymore.
---
*Insert witty boisterous relic of seemingly useless allegory for means of simply amusing a random personage*
#2PoKeR360Posted 7/12/2011 11:50:56 PM
I personally don't understand why they still make movies on dvds...
---
Cool Story, Bro.
#3ShadowRisaePosted 7/12/2011 11:57:20 PM(edited)
They do still make 4:3 SDTVs. But it's getting increasingly difficult to find them.

I think the issue is mainly people have an old TV that still works and they don't really think it's worth the expense to upgrade for whatever reason.

PoKeR360 posted...
I personally don't understand why they still make movies on dvds...

For the people who don't have BluRay. TC thinks it's weird that some people still have SDTVs... I imagine more people have HDTVs than BluRay players.

I've also heard of people with BluRay players who buy DVDs because the DVDs are cheaper than the BluRays. Yes, it's true that DVDs are cheaper, but if a movie that you want is out on BluRay and you have a BluRay player and an HDTV, it feels like you should pay the extra cost. But that's my own priorities anyway.
---
Insert witty signature here
#4Mutant1988Posted 7/12/2011 11:59:13 PM(edited)
I mean not to be a douche, but developers could quite easily implement a text-size option in their games.

Honestly, in some games the text (And other things) is even too small to be comfortable viewed in HD. Especially if you sit more than a meter away from the TV.

A lot of the time, the decrease in text size is entirely arbitrary.
---
To all Trolls - Pretending to be an idiot... Makes you an idiot.
#5RycerXPosted 7/12/2011 11:54:16 PM
If you got the idea for this from my post in the other topic, I wasn't complaining, by the way. Just making the TC aware of a common issue with sdtvs.
#6darkharePosted 7/12/2011 11:55:46 PM
ShadowRisae
Posted 7/13/2011 1:52:58 AM
message detail I think the issue is mainly people have an old TV that still works and they don't really think it's worth the expense to upgrade for whatever reason.

then those people don't have any reason to complain.
---
all 360 games should have a demo. lets put revieweres out of business.
#7Magist_of_metal(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2011 11:57:52 PM

ShadowRisae
Posted 7/13/2011 1:52:58 AM
message detail I think the issue is mainly people have an old TV that still works and they don't really think it's worth the expense to upgrade for whatever reason.

then those people don't have any reason to complain.

This.

If you're fine with your tv then you're happy :D

This is for people that complain and then won't go down the obvious route and just buy a new tv.

It's not like HDTVs are something new anymore, ANY TV you buy nowadays (Even the super cheap ones will do at least 720p)
---
*Insert witty boisterous relic of seemingly useless allegory for means of simply amusing a random personage*
#8Halo_ForeverPosted 7/12/2011 11:58:27 PM
Yes, some games have too small text even for the HD resolutions, let alone SD
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#9ShadowRisaePosted 7/13/2011 12:06:10 AM
Magist_of_metal posted...
This.

If you're fine with your tv then you're happy :D

This is for people that complain and then won't go down the obvious route and just buy a new tv.

It's not like HDTVs are something new anymore, ANY TV you buy nowadays (Even the super cheap ones will do at least 720p)

It still costs a few hundred dollars minimum to buy a TV. There's people out there that would rather put that money towards buying a game or something else instead of upgrading their TV. And, you know, this is the internet. Land of complaining for free.

Halo_Forever posted...
Yes, some games have too small text even for the HD resolutions, let alone SD

I haven't seen any games that the text looks too small on HD. I actually have a smaller size HDTV (40") and my vision has gone to crap in the past 10 years so I wear glasses now. Even when I'm sitting across the room, I don't have problems reading anything. Have any examples, out of curiosity?
---
Insert witty signature here
#10Magist_of_metal(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 12:09:21 AM

[quoted text]

It still costs a few hundred dollars minimum to buy a TV. There's people out there that would rather put that money towards buying a game or something else instead of upgrading their TV. And, you know, this is the internet. Land of complaining for free.

[quoted text]

I haven't seen any games that the text looks too small on HD. I actually have a smaller size HDTV (40") and my vision has gone to crap in the past 10 years so I wear glasses now. Even when I'm sitting across the room, I don't have problems reading anything. Have any examples, out of curiosity?

1. What most people don't realize is that when you finally do make the jump into HD it breathes life into your old games, cause they look so much clearer, it's worth playing through some of them again.

2. Same here I have a small HDTV (24) and I sit pretty far from it and can read everything fine.
---