This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is the dpad on the 360S pad

#11MRL3G3NDPosted 7/19/2011 7:31:59 AM
There is something wrong with the analog stick I got with my 360 s...it constantly drifts, and I have to move it around for it zero's...but it only zero's for a couple of minutes, before it starts to drift again.

I bought the silver controller and after a few weeks of MvC3 the D-Pad literally popped off and almost hit me in the face.

I call MS to replace it, but they would not because I didn't have a reciept...they said that since it was a gift, they have affectively screwed me out of $80 bucks...have a good day
---
Tactical Gaming At It's Best!!!!
Tora Bora Assault-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G16TrLl9Ykk
#12Oemenia(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 9:37:16 AM
You could check on XBOX modding forums, its fairly easy to replace thumbsticks.
---
100% PC/PS3/360
#13MRL3G3NDPosted 7/21/2011 2:44:02 PM
Oemenia posted...
You could check on XBOX modding forums, its fairly easy to replace thumbsticks.

it was the special d-pad not the thumbsticks
---
Tactical Gaming At It's Best!!!!
Tora Bora Assault-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G16TrLl9Ykk
#14SpiritRoverPosted 7/21/2011 9:45:11 PM
Oemenia posted...
So far the d-pad is hugely improved but there are still some issues with pressing down and right which sometimes dont register as they hit the sides. Fortunately, doing circles is way easier than it was on my modded pad, in fact doing circles is thought to be easier on the 360 than the PS3.

Diagonals is still an issue, but if you hit it hard enough, it registers almost always though hitting it lightly only makes it register down. Im thinking of doing the mod just to alleviate the down and right issues, would it making the d-pad looser and so make doing circles more tricky?

For the new controller you just bought, I'm thinking it just needs a good "break in" period. Those diagonals will start to register the more and more you hit them, at least this is what happened to me anyway. On the older white 360 controllers (or the original black Elite controllers with the grey thumbsticks) no matter what you do, you won't get diagonals to register consistently. Those d-pads were just crap in terms of responsiveness.

You could do the mod on your new controller, but you may want to consider giving it some hard play sessions for a few weeks just to see if there's any improvement. Play lots of d-pad heavy games for a while. If things don't improve after that, then I'd suggest doing the mod. The pad is going to loosen up a bit on its own from regular use. The older 360 controller d-pads could not even loosen up at all because the inner ring that surrounds the d-pad itself was too darn thick.

I hope it all works out for you, mate. If all else fails, then go into your profile settings and set controller sensitivity to 'High'. It may or may not make a difference, but could be worth a try anyway.