This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ultimate alliance 1 or 2 and why?

#1Cinn_kentsu89Posted 7/13/2011 6:44:05 PM
Which did you like better and what were the pro's and con's in your opinion?

Everything considered.
---
GT: CleansingMoon
#2SquallWindbladePosted 7/13/2011 6:45:46 PM
UA1 had a slower pace and worse graphics, while UA2 had a faster pace and much better graphics.

UA1 had more content, but UA2 had replayability in the form of choosing between sides on the superhero civil war.

I personally wouldn't play the second one without playing the first first, but the second one is an improvement in most ways.

...I seem to be making this same argument about a lot of games.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.
#3RycerXPosted 7/13/2011 6:50:00 PM
I preferred the first one mainly because the whole Civil War storyline was terrible imo, and UA2 played more linear. The first was more like a classic Stan Lee or Kurt Busiek story, more true to the comic book medium.
#4TimberWolfBobbyPosted 7/13/2011 6:50:48 PM
I initially viewed UA2 as a disappointment compared to UA1. Then I let some time pass, and after trying to replay UA1 and finding I couldn't enjoy it as much because of how slow it felt after playing UA2, I gave 2 a chance again, and really enjoyed it.

If you think you'll eventually play both, start with 1. If you're sure you'll only ever play one, go with 2. 1 will be tough to enjoy if you've already played 2.
---
BOOM! THAT JUST HAPPENED.
GT: TenaciousBobby
#5SquallWindbladePosted 7/13/2011 6:52:04 PM
I find it interesting that you felt the Civil War storyline was terrible - it's one of my favorites from the comics.
---
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.
#6RycerXPosted 7/13/2011 7:01:09 PM
I haven't been too keen on several major Marvel story arcs over the past 5-10 years, especially after Avengers: Disassembled. House of M, Civil War, stuff like that. Haven't liked the New Avengers since day one The Bendis/Quesada era just isn't my cup of tea, I guess I'm a bit of a die-hard. Ant-Man, Wasp, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are my kind of Avengers.
#7SquallWindbladePosted 7/13/2011 7:04:30 PM
Fair enough. I won't argue. I guess I just get a kick out of the civil war stuff because I have a buddy who is a historian and he is absolutely fascinated by the kinds of things that people will do under different kinds of circumstances.

It rubbed off a bit during our high school years and never really went away - I find the stuff fascinating.
---
#8Cinn_kentsu89(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 7:13:24 PM
I liked the civil war idea but never read the story of it. Reminded me of the mutant registry and sentinel saga which was cool.

I am playing 1 again right now since it was 3.87 at gamestop lol. Found mua2 new for 20 at a local store and probably gonna get it tomorrow cause I really don't see myself beating 1 again cause I am already skipping dialogue lol. Not sure which I like more yet, only beat anti registration side on 2 but I remember the levels didn't feel like a diablo loot fest with nothing but hallways and corridors.
---
GT: CleansingMoon
#9SSJGrimReaperPosted 7/13/2011 7:15:22 PM
Also the first game has the gold edition that comes with DLC characters, the second one does not and there's no way to get the DLC characters for the second game anymore
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
Gamertag: Vektor Omega
#10RycerXPosted 7/13/2011 7:16:07 PM
The funny thing is I really liked the Ultimate imprint, was pretty bummed out to see it end. But I've heard Marvel plans to start it up again at some point by popular demand. Loved all that stuff, Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate F4, I've got every issue sleeved and boxed. So I'm not opposed to new ideas by any means, I just prefer they keep it in its own little world away from established continuity.