This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ultimate alliance 1 or 2 and why?

#11SquallWindbladePosted 7/13/2011 7:23:07 PM
RycerX posted...
The funny thing is I really liked the Ultimate imprint, was pretty bummed out to see it end. But I've heard Marvel plans to start it up again at some point by popular demand. Loved all that stuff, Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate F4, I've got every issue sleeved and boxed. So I'm not opposed to new ideas by any means, I just prefer they keep it in its own little world away from established continuity.

I only kinda like the Ultimate. I am put off by the appearances of some of the characters, like Ultimate Thor from the Ultimate Avengers, but I'm cool with other changes, like Ultimate Iron Man. I just felt like there was a lot of cross-over stuff going on (based on my trips to my local comic shop, it could be that I was just not paying proper attention).

My wife's niece loves Cyclops, so I'm all too familiar with Ultimate X-Men. It's not bad, but I grew up with the saturday morning cartoon version of it, so it's weird to me.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.
#12Cinn_kentsu89(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 7:29:48 PM
Same here^. Cyclops was my boy in the 90s lol. I even thought dude would whoop wolverine back then as much as they trash talked.

Is the online better in 2? In 1 it seems you just help the other person out and make no actual progress yourself since you can't save.
---
GT: CleansingMoon
#13RycerXPosted 7/13/2011 7:32:10 PM
Hell yes, nothing will ever beat Len Wein's X-Men, that's sort of why I like UA1 better, because it's more representative of the iconic age when it was good vs evil and good always won. These days things aren't so black and white.
#14Cinn_kentsu89(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 7:42:58 PM
Next question, which one do you currently own or still play on occasions?
---
GT: CleansingMoon
#15RycerXPosted 7/13/2011 7:54:39 PM(edited)
I haven't played either one in quite some time. Online was pretty dead the last time I tried to get a lobby going. Even if you wait 20-30 minutes, maybe one person will join but they won't have the patience to wait another half hour for more people.

Oh, and about the saving thing. You can save your game online in the first one, but the host has to initiate the save. Then you can either create a new save file or save over an existing file. This was kind of cool because you could join some guy's game that had all characters maxed out and everything unlocked, then save it all to your own game, heh.
#16kingbahamut83Posted 7/13/2011 9:05:44 PM
UA1 seemed to have more characters and an immersive universe. UA2 didn't really draw me in as much and I only played through twice to see what was different. Also, 2 was a lot shorter than 1. I played through 1 about 9-10 times trying to get to the max level. UA1 also had 4 costumes per character, each with different powers and skills.

I say find the gold edition UA1 as it has all the DLC characters on the disc. UA2 had some DLC for it but I think that they were pulled at the beginning of the year. Carnage and Green goblin were the most notable for me.
---
YEAH! I SAID IT!
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
#17HulkxxSMASHPosted 7/13/2011 9:26:45 PM
I already listed pro's and con's in my opinion in your other topic, so I'll just say that in short I found MUA1 - I managed to get the DLC for both when it came back (no Gold edition released in UK). Still playing 1 to unlock Silver Surfer.

Number 2 relied too heavily on the team-up moves which despite being varied pretty much looked the same for everyone. They removed all but one alt costume from 2, and this had no impact in game. They removed majority of the moves customisation, the upgrade gear, the fun little things from 2.

I think the Civil War was a brilliant Marvel event - but MUA2 kind of missed the point and only really used the registration theme from it.

Despite aging horribly looks-wise, MUA is the superior game with better boss battles, better choice of characters, little nods to comics fans - plus it has Doom as the big bad, hands down the best comic villain EVER.