This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you play any original Xbox game on 360?

#1Marvel ManPosted 7/13/2011 9:39:01 PM
A couple of months ago someone posted a workaround to get any OG Xbox game working (well, at least bootable) on 360. Anyone still have the method?
---
My steel has been tainted by the blood of a weakling!
"Goku would win because Gohan is stronger."
#2Rolen74Posted 7/13/2011 9:47:30 PM
I think it was:

Clear your cache.
Put in a compatible Original Xbox game.
While the BC update is downloading swap out the compatible game with a incompatible game.
---
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?
#3RenamonPosted 7/13/2011 10:24:54 PM
If you actually think it's going to work though, you must be pretty gullible.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#4Marvel Man(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 10:33:44 PM(edited)
Couldn't get it to work. I can't even get my xbox to download an update.

Why would I be gullible if I think it works? Like 3 heads in the topics claimed success, the OP claimed to get Timesplitters 3 bootable but it was unplayable because the analogs didn't work. Might work, might not, I just wanted to test out SvC Chaos to record the intro.
---
#5RenamonPosted 7/13/2011 10:40:33 PM(edited)
Because this "method" first appeared with the topic you saw a while ago, and the console's been out for 6 years now. If the method worked, we would have heard about it within the first week of the console being released, and it would be common knowledge and finding information on it on Google would be as easy as hell.

But it's not common knowledge, and information IS hard as hell to find about this subject. Furthermore, if this was a way to get all games playable, why wouldn't MS just make it so that all games were playable via their own software update, that didn't require some pain in the ass workaround? They've had far more than enough time to do it, as the last update to backwards compatibility was back in 2007.

Even more, you can't even clear the backwards compatibility patch from your hard drive to make your console redownload it, depending on what hard drive you have.

Perhaps because the person who posted it was a troll? Or honestly had no clue what he was talking about?

Yay logic!

---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#6Marvel Man(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2011 10:55:40 PM
Perhaps, that's why I want to know the method to test it out. It could be something that only happens now because of a system update or something. Oh well, looks like I gotta wait until next week for SVC.
---
#7robat223Posted 7/13/2011 11:12:17 PM
1) Buy an Xbox. Probably for less than $50
2) Put disc in
3) ?????
4) Profit
---
I'm a quantum chemist. Gamertag= Robat93
PSN= thegreatusurper