This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D Other developer's need to follow the rockstar pass

#1pyrokinesis666Posted 7/16/2011 1:52:20 PM
In la noire if you bought the rockstar pass then all the dlc was free.

All developer's and publisher's should follow suit. The online passes would be great if all dlc was free.

For fps games(cod,bf,ghost recon) They should charge for online via a online pass, however with the purchase of the online pass, all dlc would be free including map packs'
#2PrealienkingPosted 7/16/2011 1:55:04 PM
Call of Duty Elite is doing that.
---
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)
#3pyrokinesis666(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2011 1:57:45 PM
Well yes and no. online is free, paying for the elite premium get's u the map pack for free,

They haven't anounced if all map packs would be free, it might only be the first one
#4pyrokinesis666(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2011 2:00:19 PM
Plus the cod elite is a monthly plan, not a one-time deal

So in reality if they charge say 5 bucks a month for the elite service then the price of the map pack will actually go up
#5PrealienkingPosted 7/16/2011 2:04:35 PM(edited)
If I get the premium membership to Elite, do I really get all of the DLC?
Yes. Elite is an all-inclusive membership, and that means you get all of the playable game DLC for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 as part of your premium membership. No need to buy additional DLC.

From the FAQ.

Also, they are offering more for the monthly fee, beyond just the map packs.
---
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)
#6thatauthorPosted 7/16/2011 2:03:45 PM
pyrokinesis666 posted...
Plus the cod elite is a monthly plan, not a one-time deal

So in reality if they charge say 5 bucks a month for the elite service then the price of the map pack will actually go up

it would be great if you can buy one month after all of the map packs were released and you could download them all for free.
---
Any issues with your mother? - Untrustful
#7ZanimarPosted 7/16/2011 2:09:27 PM(edited)

it would be great if you can buy one month after all of the map packs were released and you could download them all for free.

Something tells me that they'll use something similar to PSN+ where when your subscription runs out, all of the DLC that you didn't personally buy are locked until you do buy them, in this way they are free so long as you pay the monthly fee, but when you stop you have to pay for the DLC just like everyone else. Though this would only apply to the ones you were using for free through the account and not the ones you had bought.
---
Gamertag: Renryuu
Go back, back into a nebulous dream!
#8gamesharkdude2Posted 7/16/2011 2:11:02 PM
The Rockstar Pass and MK Season Pass are great ideas, I really do hope more developers do the same sometime. C
---
Hyped for - Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Dragon's Crown, Street Fighter x Tekken, Uncharted 3, Dragon's Dogma, and Mass Effect 3.
#9TheLastOneTherePosted 7/16/2011 5:37:24 PM
Smackdown Vs Raw 2011 did it first. Why do they get no love?
#10CrankShaftPosted 7/16/2011 6:42:20 PM
Because nobody cares about wrestling games... or at least I don't. Which in my mind equals to everybody else not caring.