This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Limited Edition GoW 3 Xbox 360 Slim worth it?

#1JimdbPosted 7/19/2011 4:37:41 AM
I have a Slim, first shipment.

I LOVE Gears of War, and the new console (plus the pad) are really awesome.

I was planning on buying an epic edition + limited ED controller... but I don't know... I would buy the console and sell my current one. Do you guys think that it's worth buying the console keeping in mind that the new Xbox 720 (or whatever it will be called) may be coming out in 2012/2013?

What do you think?

I would get the console + the game + all the EPIC edition DLC + 2 limited edition controllers. I would surely drop my purchase on the epic edition, although the statue is awesome and all.

I'm torn! xD
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#2Gunvalkyrie2Posted 7/19/2011 4:41:15 AM
You only live once. If you're a fan of the series you should do it... also those tend to increase in value.
#3Jimdb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 4:46:55 AM
Preordered... sigh...

I can afford it, shouldn't.. but I can.

Now I'm even more Hyped for the effing game.
---
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF
#4RPG_ApostlePosted 7/19/2011 4:48:04 AM
Ok, I'm tired of this.... No offense, TC, but people are grossly misinformed about console development.

It's (the new xbox console) been in development for 2 years. Does that mean in production? Hell no. I'm talking R and D, design, what chipsets to use, striking deals with companies to make CPUs, etc.

It'll be officially announced at E3 2012. We'll see some details about the hardware but not all of it. We're seeing some things already; it's pretty safe to say that MS is going with an AMD processor for the next console.

So once it's announced at E3 2012, it needs another 6-12 months to finalize their design. So that's at the latest E3 2013. 6 months of production, and it's out in November of 2013. Maybe pushed to March 2014.

Then factor in that there's maybe 1 good launch title (as there always is when a console is released), so it won't be until the holiday season after the console is released that it's worth buying. So not til holiday 2014 will it be worth it.

So.... You've got until 2014, pretty much. March or November, nobody knows yet.
---
"Dragon Age 2 will last a while and with that head injury there is a chance you might enjoy it" -seb03
#5Gunvalkyrie2Posted 7/19/2011 4:55:52 AM
I would go with the 2014 date as that's when it will be worth buying.. as for the 2013 date I'd like to add "IF you can find one".. however releasing a console in March and NOT just before the major holiday would be a major mistake.

I think a huge problem both MS and Sony will have are -- people are so content with this gen and the games already look so amazing they really need to bring A LOT of wood to the table.
#6RPG_ApostlePosted 7/19/2011 5:01:49 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
I would go with the 2014 date as that's when it will be worth buying.. as for the 2013 date I'd like to add "IF you can find one".. however releasing a console in March and NOT just before the major holiday would be a major mistake.

I think a huge problem both MS and Sony will have are -- people are so content with this gen and the games already look so amazing they really need to bring A LOT of wood to the table.

Wasn't the 360 released in March? Or was that around when Oblivion came out? Since that's when I got one.

And March is always the release window for when something was SUPPOSED to come out Holiday but gets pushed off into the next year. I agree it's always better to do a Holiday release, but things happen.
---
"Dragon Age 2 will last a while and with that head injury there is a chance you might enjoy it" -seb03
#7Jimdb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 5:04:21 AM
I udnerstand perfectly that you're tired.

I was making a wild and estimate guess, just wanted to make a point, that the new generation is "near".

But anyways, yeah. If I went for a SLIM model, why wouldn't I go for a model that has an awesome design of a game series i absolutely LOVE.
---
-Nick_GF
#8RPG_ApostlePosted 7/19/2011 8:00:58 AM
Don't misunderstand, TC: I am on this forum pretty much all the time (work is incredibly boring, what can I say?), so I read about a dozen posts daily about people "detailing" the next console, when all they're doing is guessing. And guessing horribly.

You've got about 2 years until you should even consider the next console. So depending on your finances, you should go for the Gears 3 console.

Personally, I'd love the Gears 360, I still have a white model. The if I were to upgrade, that limited edition model is definately the one I'm going after.
---
#9Jimdb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2011 8:15:43 AM
I'll go for the console. Just can't resist it.

I wanted the limited edition controller... but wow. It's just awesome.

I didn't even think about it when I saw the REACH conole and I'm a huge Halo fan. didn't like it too much, but this one is just amazing.
---
-Nick_GF
#10Super CreaturesPosted 7/19/2011 1:27:47 PM
Wasn't the 360 released in March? Or was that around when Oblivion came out? Since that's when I got one.

The 360 was released, in the US, in November '05.

It was Oblivion that was released in March '06.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.