This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The new update added two new features in case you're wondering.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. The new update added two new features in case you're wondering.
4 years ago#1
Both of these are in the manage account area of your account.

1. You can now do a license transfer through the console itself.
2. You can now remove a credit card/payment method through the console. Go in to the "manage payment options" area and you'll see it listed.
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness
4 years ago#2
THANK GOD

I hated going through the phone to cancel my 9.99 a month!!!
---
Doc Then tell me, "Future Boy", who's President in the US in 1985?
Marty: Ronald Reagan. Doc: Ronald Reagan? The actor!!
4 years ago#3
Not that I care either way, but what's to stop them allowing people to turn auto-renew on Live membership on the console itself? I know they recently re-enabled it on the website.

Surely they can't use security as an excuse because they let you manage cards and make payments via Live.

Could it be they simply don't want to make it TOO easy to opt out? Sorry for kinda hijacking your topic - but I figured most people already knew what the updates were by now =)
4 years ago#4
You still have to call to do that. It won't let you remove a credit card from an active subscription if that's the card that's paying for it.
---
4 years ago#5
HulkxxSMASH posted...
Not that I care either way, but what's to stop them allowing people to turn auto-renew on Live membership on the console itself? I know they recently re-enabled it on the website.

Surely they can't use security as an excuse because they let you manage cards and make payments via Live.

Could it be they simply don't want to make it TOO easy to opt out? Sorry for kinda hijacking your topic - but I figured most people already knew what the updates were by now =)

That should say 'turn it on and off' d'oh. Using a phone for this site means reviewing your typing is tricky
4 years ago#6
HulkxxSMASH posted...

As far as I know they didn't re-add the option to manage auto renew to the website, you still have to call to do that.
---
4 years ago#7
thank god they fixed the whole licence transferring bull!@#$.
---
There is no such thing as Leftover Crack
4 years ago#8
Seriously I checked a week ago - and I just went back just 2 minutes ago - I have the option to turn auto-renew off now via membership subscriptions. I click on auto-renew, then it gives me a page telling me what I'll be missing, click next and it gives me the option to toggle on and off.

I'm from UK.
4 years ago#9
Oh I don't handle support calls for the UK, just US and Can. If there is a policy change or something over there, I wouldn't know about it.
---
4 years ago#10
GoBiZkU posted...
Oh I don't handle support calls for the UK, just US and Can. If there is a policy change or something over there, I wouldn't know about it.

So the option isn't worldwide? Hmm, I just figured it was - it only appeared recently. Wasn't there as recent as a month or so ago.

Not like I've heard or read of many UK people complaining about auto-renew.

Still, it's a nice option considering I pay monthly (by choice, I know I am ripping myself off) and I can quit whenever I want or switch to prepaid whenever with minimum hassle.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. The new update added two new features in case you're wondering.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived