This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well that's just awesome.

#1beds2Posted 7/20/2011 10:34:04 AM
Few months back, Microsoft has a promotion of "One Month of Xbox Live Gold for $1". I caved in and purchased it (who wouldn't?) and clearly at the bottom page it said that only 5 months were allowed to be purchased.

So, today I turn on my Xbox to purchase Bastion but I don't have any Microsoft Points. No problem. Account Management > Add Points > 800 points > ERROR

Won't allow me to purchase points period, so I call up Microsoft. Now my account is locked from purchasing anything due to "Suspicion of Fraudulent Activity"

>_<
---
Gamers make me sick.
#2bluehat94Posted 7/20/2011 10:35:36 AM
go to the forums and explain what happened, im sure they will understand
---
"Dude nevermind. You simply dont have the cognitive capacity to comprehend whats going on here."-xXHighBoostXx
#3HulkxxSMASHPosted 7/20/2011 10:41:46 AM
Might be quicker to go to the source - your bank.

This happened to my card once, I tried to buy something online and it was blocked for no reason. I just went to the bank and they made a call. I just had to confirm a few things like what the purchase was for, last withdrawal amount etc
#4beds2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2011 10:48:43 AM

Might be quicker to go to the source - your bank.

This happened to my card once, I tried to buy something online and it was blocked for no reason. I just went to the bank and they made a call. I just had to confirm a few things like what the purchase was for, last withdrawal amount etc

This sounds like a mistake/error on Microsoft's part though. With my bank, if something like this were to actually happen, I would receive an email/phone call from them themselves.
---
Gamers make me sick.
#5DaCSSMastahPosted 7/20/2011 11:31:41 AM
was it a real promotion? Never heard of the ""One Month of Xbox Live Gold for $1" Seems a little too cheap to be MS.
---
Graphic Designer since birth - www.cibgraphics.com
PRETTY + SMART: It takes more than good looks to make a design effective
#6beds2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2011 11:44:35 AM
^Yup, it was advertised on the main Xbox website too. The Xbox 360 board had a couple topics mentioning it too.
---
Gamers make me sick.
#7HulkxxSMASHPosted 7/20/2011 1:54:56 PM
Either way - did they not flag your card with the bank if they thought fraud was taking place? Have you since used the card with no problems? You should check with Microsoft, but also the card too.
#8beds2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2011 3:30:21 PM
Yeah there's no problems with this card. Being used to pay for other things just fine and I called the CS of my bank and everything was fine. This is all Microsoft's doing pretty much. They won't even let me add another CC into the system >_<
---
Gamers make me sick.
#9Ryan2002Posted 7/20/2011 3:36:27 PM
So...you called them and they told you that, and you didn't push further? They didn't give you reasons for the suspicion? If whoever you talked to doesn't know then ask to speak with somebody who does. Keep pushing and you will reach somebody who can help you. You aren't really giving us much info.

From what you said, I imagine this scenario:

You : Can't buy points?! WTF?
*calls MS*
Them: Sorry, it's suspended to to suspicion of fraudulent activity.
You: Oh ok. Thanks. Bye.
*gets on Gfaqs and complains*
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://www.zreomusic.com/Zelda25.jpg =-= http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v965tv&s=7
#10beds2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2011 4:30:30 PM
It went more like this:

Me: What's the problem?

Them: We don't know. We just put your account on a hold since your account was suspected of fraudulent activity.

Me: What the hell are you talking about? This was a PROMOTION that your company had!

Them: Oh. Well.. uh, I'll escalate your problem then and have the Security Department take a look at it over the next couple days.

Me: *Thinking* - Just call back tomorrow
*Actually* - **** that. Give me the supervisor.

Them: He'll actually just tell you the same thing.

Me: Just give me the supervisor please >_>

Supervisor: Hey, sorry about that; let's go ahead and take that hold off your account.

Me: 0_0

Supervisor: Annnnnnd, done!

Me: ...
---
Gamers make me sick.