This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console won't detect official wireless adapter (black model) - solutions?

#1BennyUK7Posted 7/20/2011 2:09:44 PM
Hey Guys,

I just bought a white Falcon Motherboard Xbox 360 (pre-owned, but it works fine) manufactured in 2008, and I am having trouble connecting it to my wireless network via the black (dual-antennas) official adapter.

The adapter itself glows green on-and-off meaning that it is 'ready for configuration' according to Xbox support and was working fine about a week ago when my original console finally died.

For whatever reason the console just won't detect the adapter when plugged in to any of the 3 USB ports, despite the adapter being functionally fine just a week ago and intermittently glowing green when plugged in, as is healthy. Obviously I have tried Xbox.com's user guide for troubleshooting the adapter (pretty much telling you to unplug and reboot everything under the sun) with no success.

Anyone have any advice based on past experience?
Thanks,
Benny
#2Notch_EightPosted 7/20/2011 2:59:39 PM
I had two of the official adapters randomly quit on me. Something to do with the USB connector going bad. The second one I was actually able to get an XBL rep to send me a free replacement for. All I had to do was use the box they sent the new one in to send in my defective unit so I wouldn't get charged.
---
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w135/notcheight/chally6.jpg
#3NinJa SwordPosted 7/20/2011 3:18:40 PM
Did you use the install disc that comes with it? That disc installs drivers you need for it to work.
---
Mighty Barca!
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6105/barcelonaw.jpg
#4RE2LeonSPosted 7/20/2011 3:37:08 PM
Did you use the install disc that comes with it? That disc installs drivers you need for it to work.

I was just about to say the same thing
---
GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#5chocoboblue99Posted 7/20/2011 4:35:33 PM
huh...there's an install disc? Wow, when I had the wireless adapter, I just plugged it in and it was ready to go. I never knew some people needed an install disc. I guess, I'm lucky.