This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*Sigh.* DLC discussion...AGAIN...

#1Solid SonicPosted 7/21/2011 7:13:30 AM
Let us try to define what constitutes "good" DLC.

I argue Burnout Paradise has been 100% on the ball with their DLC. Some unpaid, some paid, but all genuine expansions to the core game. To say that all DLC this generation has been awful and ignoring this game is being foolish.
---
What is bad taste?
#2perijahPosted 7/21/2011 7:16:36 AM
Good dlc is something that is completely made after the game was released. Even the idea and concept has to be made after the game came out.
---
Sing with me: Bababadoe bababadoe bababadoe bapajeeeay
#3bluehat94Posted 7/21/2011 7:18:41 AM
perijah posted...
Good dlc is something that is completely made after the game was released. Even the idea and concept has to be made after the game came out.

do you even realize what you're asking with that, if DLC were like that, it would take at least twice as long for DLC to come out, so instead of waiting 1 or 2 months for a games DLC to release you would have to wait 3-4
---
"Dude nevermind. You simply dont have the cognitive capacity to comprehend whats going on here."-xXHighBoostXx
#4bluehat94Posted 7/21/2011 7:20:30 AM
as for how i feel, i thought assassins greed: brotherhood handled DLC very well, the first two were free and added quite a bit of content, and then the third was paid, i also like all of the recent fallout DLC it is paid, but it adds a ton of content
---
"Dude nevermind. You simply dont have the cognitive capacity to comprehend whats going on here."-xXHighBoostXx
#5Solid Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2011 7:21:43 AM

perijah posted...

do you even realize what you're asking with that, if DLC were like that, it would take at least twice as long for DLC to come out, so instead of waiting 1 or 2 months for a games DLC to release you would have to wait 3-4

Mm...you didn't really counter his point. He's saying he WANTS it to take that long. He wants DLC to show signs of thought and post-development expansion.

Now, the issue he's not acknowledging is game development is fluid. Things get left on the cutting room floor or get altered later and some of that can be turned back into DLC later. There's also the matter that game developers can't just spend ALL their time on a game, especially if said game is already on the market.
---
What is bad taste?
#6perijahPosted 7/21/2011 7:21:57 AM
Well, that is what I believe DLC is. If you release a game while working on a so called unfinished "DLC" it looks more like you release a game missing content for the same price and ask more money for it later.

That is my opinion.
---
Sing with me: Bababadoe bababadoe bababadoe bapajeeeay
#7bluehat94Posted 7/21/2011 7:24:19 AM
perijah posted...
Well, that is what I believe DLC is. If you release a game while working on a so called unfinished "DLC" it looks more like you release a game missing content for the same price and ask more money for it later.

That is my opinion.

well they dont cut content, most of the time its stuff that either never quite made it into the game originally, or was unfinished because of time restraints
---
#8seb03Posted 7/21/2011 7:25:39 AM
Good DLC = most of it
Bad DLC = everything done by Capcom
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."
#9secondhand1Posted 7/21/2011 7:28:20 AM
Yeah, "sigh" is right.

Stop making these whiny topics. Buy it or don't. It isn't ruining the industry, no matter how many of you Chicken Littles like to think so.
---
Youth is easily deceived because it is quick to hope.
#10boolzeroPosted 7/21/2011 7:29:01 AM
Definitely Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fallout and Oblivion were worth it (and no I don't hold horse armor against them, the idea was still new for consoles and they were testing the waters). Burnout content was good as well as Battlefield Bad Company 2 with the Vietnam pack. There are a lot of developers out there that actually use DLC in a proper way really. As a person who often buys DLC for most of his games and who has a lot of games (over 270 retail and counting) I don't often find it fleecing. Guys like Capcom and such are definitely offenders in my book, things that would have been in their games in the past are now left out for you to pay for (skin packs, really?) so I don't bother.
---
GT: Bool Zero / PSN: BoolZero / Wii:Who uses Wii codes, really?