This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do I get banned if my credit card expired?

#1XDragoonXxPosted 7/21/2011 8:59:50 AM
My current xbox subscription goes to October, and I bought the subscription from a deal that microsoft had a year ago.

Now, my credit card has expired, but I do not wish to give MS any more of my info.
So, when my XBL Gold subscription runs out, will MS ban me just because I won't give them any more money?

I already turned off auto-renewal, but I'm not sure if that will fix it.
#2SonyHoundDawgPosted 7/21/2011 9:03:27 AM
Why would you get banned? LOL when the thing tries to auto renew its not going to work cause the card is expired. Your account will revert to silver until you pay up.
---
"The most powerful thing about the PS3 is the install other OS option. It won't be Vista. It'll be Linux." - Phil Harrison SCE World Wide President
#3RPG_ApostlePosted 7/21/2011 9:06:22 AM
SonyHoundDawg posted...
Why would you get banned? LOL when the thing tries to auto renew its not going to work cause the card is expired. Your account will revert to silver until you pay up.

What this guy said.
---
"Dragon Age 2 will last a while and with that head injury there is a chance you might enjoy it" -seb03
#4XDragoonXx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2011 9:06:41 AM
Some people say that Microsoft just starts charging them even though their credit card expired.
Then they can't pay so Microsoft suspends their account.

But now I think that it only happens if auto-renewal is still on. I already turned mine off.
#5seb03Posted 7/21/2011 9:08:36 AM
You will be okay as long as you have auto renew set to off.
If it is on you could get in trouble :o !
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."
#6NeoLegoPosted 7/21/2011 9:29:13 AM
Don't worry about this. The banning was an issue with the original Xbox because their wasn't a "Silver".

I actually traded my Xbox in when the 360 started preorders. While I was waiting for the 360, not even thinking about it, my card expiried that was on the original Xbox account. When I brought my 360 home I was so excited but come to find out I couldn't connect online. After hours on the phone they told me the account was suspended because they charged my card and since it was expired they suspended my account. So, I had to create a brand new gamertag. Pay $10 to change my old suspended gamertag to something else and then another $10 to recover my original gamertag. But, in the end all is well.

And, that story was really pointless because as has been mentioned above they now have a free service. If you card expires they will simply drop your account down to silver and nothing else will happen. Rest easy. neo
#7Dragon NexusPosted 7/21/2011 9:48:14 AM
SonyHoundDawg posted...

It doesn't.
It disconnects you until you pay up. You don't revert to silver, you never have. Your gamertag gets credits with whatever length of time you're set to auto renew to and then it attempts to retrieve payment. If it cannot access the funds then it suspends your account until you pay what is owed.

TC has stated he's cancelled auto renewals (though I'm assuming he cancelled after adding this extra time to his account rather than before. If he did it before, he might want to double check that adding that extra time didn't turn it back on again). He should be fine. The only remaining issue is calling MS to remove the card from his account.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#8Killah PriestPosted 7/21/2011 11:02:00 AM
Some people say that Microsoft just starts charging them even though their credit card expired.
Then they can't pay so Microsoft suspends their account.

this is whats going to happen, they will keep trying to charge you and leave you gold for months, then suspend your account and won't let you get it back until you pay what you owe at a monthly rate.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#9her0finityPosted 7/21/2011 11:27:59 AM
dont worry, you just wont be able to renew xbox live if your parents.... i mean if your credit card then. youd just have to buy a subscription code.
---
I hope someone sets you on fire her0- MadcowVII
oh hero will you marry me- star52789x2