This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotor 2 is somewhat better than the 1st with the content mod installed

#1Carribean_CoolPosted 7/21/2011 3:01:36 PM
Sure, there were still some unanswered questions left, but not as much, and there are still the bugs, but the droid factory, and the confrontations on Malachor are great. If this game had the proper amount of time, it would have blown Kotor 1 out of the water. IMO of course
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#2desert_santaPosted 7/21/2011 3:08:23 PM
I thought the story was better, no idea about mods since I'm not a PC gamer. Overall I'd say it was just as amazing as the first one, not better due to the regurgitated environments/planets. At least there were a few different areas though.
#3bobsaysblahPosted 7/21/2011 3:09:45 PM
I think the character development in the first was better. However, the second could have been better in terms of story. It's really rare to see a game that so clearly ran out of time/resources.
---
blah
#4Rocker3512Posted 7/21/2011 4:05:18 PM
Kotor 2 was alright but i loved the 1st!
#5RygonPosted 7/21/2011 4:12:12 PM
I really hated the labyrinth like environments. Every location was rectangular hallways and square rooms, often mirrored. The "level" design was far superior in the first game, though still not that incredible.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#6RPG_ApostlePosted 7/21/2011 5:51:06 PM(edited)
The Complete Restoration Mod makes the game complete, as Avellone intended it.

It's worth buying the game again in order to see all the "new" stuff.

For example....

(SMALL SPOILERS)

Did you know that Kreia has you duel Visas aboard the Ebon Hawk as a training exercise, but not in lightsaber combat?

(END SPOILERS)

EDIT:
Anyways, the characters in KOTOR2 were far superior to the original cast. Only Bastila, Jolee, Malak and HK are worth remembering. Jolee was a well developed character, Malak's backstory with Revan was pretty good, and HK is HK. Bastila, depending on if you romanced her, goes from a strong female character to a cliche. Mission, Zalbaar, T3, and Canderous aren't really that special.

Kreia, on the other hand, is easily one of the best characters ever in SW EU, and gaming in general. HK and Canderous returned, Atton > Carth any day of the week, Mira and Harnharr are better than Zalbaar and Mission, and Visas was a well written character any way you slice it.
---
"Dragon Age 2 will last a while and with that head injury there is a chance you might enjoy it" -seb03
#7NIN_tendoPosted 7/21/2011 5:50:52 PM
The first one had way better story and characters. While the second one was still great, no amount of missing content would make it better than the first one.
---
Wii FC 3756-1965-4560-5571
360 GT xX NIN tendo
#8LotrMorgothPosted 7/21/2011 5:51:53 PM
i actually hoped they would release it on console with the patch installed, because apparently you can't play kotor on win 7 without a lot of problems

but that probably won't happen. . . like the real kotor 3 i'm not at all bitter about
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. -Bilbo
gamertag: smeaGollum4
#9RPG_ApostlePosted 7/21/2011 5:53:26 PM
NIN_tendo posted...
The first one had way better story and characters. While the second one was still great, no amount of missing content would make it better than the first one.

Sir, with all due respect, I challenge you to say that after completing the sequel with the restoration mod.

If your opinion is the same, great. If not, you owe me a peanut butter cookie.
---
"Dragon Age 2 will last a while and with that head injury there is a chance you might enjoy it" -seb03
#10RPG_ApostlePosted 7/21/2011 5:54:57 PM
LotrMorgoth posted...
i actually hoped they would release it on console with the patch installed, because apparently you can't play kotor on win 7 without a lot of problems

but that probably won't happen. . . like the real kotor 3 i'm not at all bitter about

Dude, I finished the game last week running on Windows 7. Compatability mode exists for a reason, brother.
---