This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotor 2 is somewhat better than the 1st with the content mod installed

#11Izick_the_SpyPosted 7/21/2011 5:58:37 PM
I gotta disagree.

Even with bug fixes, the first was an overall better game.

Did KOTOR 2 deserve the amount of flack it got? No.
---
How Neogaf views the Gamefaqs community- http://i.imgur.com/PdVEd.png
#12SILENT-GEARPosted 7/21/2011 6:45:13 PM
I been saying this for years. Kotor 2 > Kotor1
---
Professor Charles Xavier from X-Men once tried to read Zack Ryder's mind. Now he's sitting in a wheel chair.
#13DuwstaiPosted 7/21/2011 6:47:43 PM
I never got into the Kotor games to be honest.

I recently bought the first for xbox after playing and loving Mass Effect... and it seemed cool and all, but I just dont think it was for me. I was just never a fan of turn based combat, or that hybrid type combat in Kotor. Its just not fun for me to play.

I feel like I am really missing out, since so many people rave about it... but I just cant imagine spending 20-40 hrs basically not playing and just inputting commands that I watch my character do. Idk... maybe its just not for me. I plan on giving it another try one day though.
---
XBL: eL Sm3gmA, H2K CoBrA ::: PSN: Smegtico
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999
#14OsrawoPosted 7/21/2011 6:48:43 PM
only if we can get a released version of kotor 2 (complete version without the cut content)
---
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1225035554.png
#15Carribean_Cool(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2011 7:51:49 PM
I think Obsidian wanted to make a patch or something to restore the content, but Lucasarts declined.

Also, was Obisidian going to make KOTOR 3, or someone else?
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#16RPG_ApostlePosted 7/22/2011 4:27:22 AM
Carribean_Cool posted...
I think Obsidian wanted to make a patch or something to restore the content, but Lucasarts declined.

Also, was Obisidian going to make KOTOR 3, or someone else?

Last I heard, the contract between BioWare and LucasArts expired. According to the contract, BioWare had the right to farm out whatever they wanted (enter Obsidian). So once it expired, LucasArts didn't want another game after Obsidian didn't meet their expectations (maybe cuz they cut 6 months out of their schedule to get it out by November) and BioWare moved on to other projects.

They since teamed up again for ToR, the new MMO.
---
"Dragon Age 2 will last a while and with that head injury there is a chance you might enjoy it" -seb03
#17sanadawarrior02Posted 7/22/2011 6:54:30 AM(edited)
KotOR 2 was one of the greatest games ever made if you only count the middle part. The first 5 hours are terrible and the last 4 or so hours are rushed AND terrible.
---
GT: sanadawarrior
#18Carribean_Cool(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2011 7:46:58 AM
Wish we had KOTOR 3 instead of an MMO
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#19scoobydoobydontPosted 7/23/2011 7:50:26 AM

Wish we had KOTOR 3 instead of an MMO

Most people do.
---
"What we have created are not an art but products. I always tell staff to call Nintendo games products, not an art." -Miyamoto