This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could Freddy in Mortal Kombat be hinting at...

#21bathoriPosted 7/21/2011 8:40:37 PM
Add -
Bela Lugosi's Dracula
Boris Karloff's Frankenstien
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Headless horseman
Ginger from Gingersnaps
Carrie White
Baby Firefly
Jennifer Check
Cupid Killer from Valentine
Kayako
---
http://macostudios.com
#22HulkxxSMASHPosted 7/21/2011 8:53:03 PM
What about Tarman from Return of the Living Dead? He scared the bejesus outta me as a kid (yeah, I've been watching horror films since I was a kid, first film memory is Day of the Dead)

But then, so did the Care Bears movie...
#23electrolyzerPosted 7/21/2011 8:59:32 PM
Day one buy and I never do that.

And I don't really like fighting games.

I'd main the **** out of The Creeper.
---
Gamertag : xXThoraxeXx
#24Subject71857Posted 7/21/2011 9:39:24 PM
Kakihara.
#25Agony79Posted 7/21/2011 11:17:57 PM
What about They (the dark supernatural beings that devour humans) and the Thing (not the one from fantastic four). Ooh they are both creepy and violent, so they would fit in MK roster perfectly.
---
If somebody asked you if you are a god, just say yes! (Ghostbusters)
#26GregsplintercelPosted 7/21/2011 11:31:37 PM
Who the hell is Leatherface ? I keep hearing people say that name. but yea they should put Jason in there though that would be great.
---
THE GODS OF OLYMPUS
HAVE ABANDONED ME
#27DarkStar643Posted 7/21/2011 11:37:04 PM
"Who the hell is Leatherface ?"

wow... you're obviously not a fan of horror movies. go watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the real one not the !@#$ty remake.
---
There is no such thing as Leftover Crack
#28H_S_S26Posted 7/22/2011 1:16:02 AM
The idea of having FREDDY there is awesome!? ...and as a horror fan, I'd LOVE to see Jason in there too... however the biggest character for me would be PINHEAD. I loved his "characterisation" in THRILL KILL and it would be amazing to see the cenobite god arrive and kick serious tush with his "chain control" in Mortal Kombat. =o)
---
GT: * * * * *
#29RycerXPosted 7/22/2011 1:47:29 AM
I was a little repulsed by this news at first, mostly because I was hoping for an awesome forgotten classic as the mystery DLC character in August, like maybe Fujin. But also partly because I don't want to see the series go the way of MK vs DCU again. These games have always been known for not taking themselves too seriously, but there is a limit.

After I saw the Freddy trailer though, I had a complete change of heart, they seemed to integrate the character into the MK universe and fighting game genre very well, can't quite put my finger on it, but they made it work. I just hope they don't go too overboard with crossover guest characters.

Freddy works, I dunno how the hell, but he does. I could see maybe Pinhead from Hellraiser working the same way. But most other slasher villains, I don't really see how they'd make the transition. I think maybe it's the fact that Freddy and Pinhead had an ethereal sort of fantasy quality to them, so they translate well into the MK ranks without cheesing things up too much. Not so sure about characters like Jason and Michael Myers, their designs weren't quite as otherworldly and I think they'd be way out of place.
#30RygonPosted 7/22/2011 6:55:52 AM
"No more stupid novelty characters in MK"

The actual MK cast is full of novelty characters anyway. The first game was kind of a tribute to martial arts movies with Bruce Lee and JCVD knock offs and a Return of the Dragon plot.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108