This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

$100 that WB releases an "Ultimate" MK game.

#1TNF4LifePosted 7/22/2011 3:26:38 AM
That will be rebalanced, new game modes, new characters, the DLC characters and costumes included.

Capcom has been successful releasing improved versions and expansions of their fighting games.

The only way WB can compete with Capcom is by releasing an updated version of MK that way it will make it relevant and they'll earn more money.

---

http://i.imgur.com/6SFwU.jpg
#2Mutant1988Posted 7/22/2011 3:31:37 AM
If they release a version with all the DLC and refrain from releasing any more, I'd buy it. One re-release with everything isn't that bad.

It's the incremental improvements, with DLC on top of that, that's bull****.
---
To all Trolls - Pretending to be an idiot... Makes you an idiot.
#3doctorchimpPosted 7/22/2011 3:36:57 AM
TNF4Life posted...
That will be rebalanced, new game modes, new characters, the DLC characters and costumes included.

Capcom has been successful releasing improved versions and expansions of their fighting games.

The only way WB can compete with Capcom is by releasing an updated version of MK that way it will make it relevant and they'll earn more money.

You're delusional. There's no need to compete....

If gamers are gonna buy it they're gonna buy it. You make it sound like WB wants gamers to stop buying Street Fighter....don't be just another thoughtless troll.

A big reason people are loving MK is because of how anti-capcom they are to begin with.

I can see them releasing a Mortal Kombat game of the year edition and calling it Ultimate Mortal Kombat, with all the DLC included sure.

But as far as scrapping it completely for a new version that you can't update....that would kill them.
---
Xbox LIVE: C IH I IM IP
PSN: DoctorChimp
#4bigphil2003Posted 7/22/2011 3:41:21 AM
Why would they need to re balance the game when they do that as they go along anyway?
---
Rest In Peace Stretch - We miss you homie
#5FoxTornadoPosted 7/22/2011 3:43:18 AM
You actually want more companies to do things that way?
---
Playing: BlazBlue CS2, Trouble Witches Neo!, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, DeathSmiles, Forza Motorsport 3
[ Team Dai-Gurren Forever ]
#6TNF4Life(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2011 3:44:53 AM
Trolling? How am I trolling?

Of course WB wants people to buy their games. It's a business.

What better way to earn more money than by re-releasing it? From a business standpoint it would be smart to update the game, re-balance it and add more content and release it. That would ensure people who bought MK to buy it again and it would encourage people who never bought it to buy the bigger and better version. It would obviously sell more.

I agree with Mutant. 1 re-release (even if it's just a GOTY Edition with all the DLC or most of it) isn't a bad thing. But it's things like this that's keeping me from buying fighting games. I blame it on Capcom. They are making this a standard.

---

http://i.imgur.com/6SFwU.jpg