This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Real gamers don't value a game on it's length to price. (360 related)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Real gamers don't value a game on it's length to price. (360 related)
4 years ago#51
Topics like this makes no sense . -_-

Since when do games have a a set time limit? Not all games are linear. What about fighting games or sports games those can last you as long as 100+ hours or 15 minutes depending on how you like them. Trying to say this game takes x hours to complete is absurd to me, because games can always be replayed so it makes no difference how long a storyline is. The only real thing that matters is how long it takes for you to get bored with the game and obviously that varies from person to person.
What would someone with Naruto quotes in their signature know about character development?
4 years ago#52
besides a few subgenres that people trust, a lot of games will get one playthrough. So basing purchase on whether you get bang for buck (game length) is perfectly reasonable. It's the reason why I will never buy a $15 PSN/XBLA game that I have not played, cause most time I'll just play it once. I rather save that $15 and buy characters for DLC like in blazblue and spend hundreds hours online of a game I really enjoy.

I was a huge rez fan and that's why I got child of eden cause I like replaying and trying to get "perfect" (just that type of game). But anyone just having mild interest and one playthrough it's terrible bang for buck.

I know personally if it's not a RPG, fighter or racer I'm very stingy about giving $60 away just for few hours and never to be touched again. It's the big reason why I'm a avid gamepass user. I'll just rent the games that I'll play once.
--- Ranka-Macross Frontier
4 years ago#53
I value a game's quality, and it's money-worth independent from each other.

Because I'm not rich.
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, NFS Hot Pursuit, Resonance of Fate
4 years ago#54
i make the same argument for CoD games. yes i do end up spending over a $100 on the game with map packs but i get 100's of hours out of it and while its not always enjoyable with lag and whatnot its still good most of the time and well worth my money.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Real gamers don't value a game on it's length to price. (360 related)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived